Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: how far will you go

Re: how far will you go

Never been further north than 100 mile or further east than Princeton.

I find there is too much area to explore to start branching out to extreme parts of the province.

Havin said that, I'd love to do a northern elk or moose hunt one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    I consider this type of trip a rather common experience, and then we jump in the jet rigs and push them 300 miles up the river.

I travel to Alberta quite commonly to hunt as well.
    Have hunted most of the Western US States, Sask, Alberta, BC, Yukon, NWT and Africa.

No distance is too far if the adventure upon arrival is right. Really.

Cheers,
    Nog
    IronNoggin, Quite the resume...I like your sense of adventure! Mine is similar as I've bow hunted big game in 5 provinces/territories, combined with 14 states (Alaska to Arizona) plus Africa (Zimbabwe and South Africa). I never get tired of seeing new things and bow hunting new places. Good luck this fall!
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 07-16-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Driving to Saskatchewan to hunt gophers is an annual event.

my longest distance trip was PG to New Zealand for 3 weeks of fishing and hunting, expensive even more than I budgeted and likely once in a lifetime trip

I used to regularly drive from Chetwynd to Kitimat for weekend fishing, but pulling all nighters is getting harder to do now that I'm on the other side of 30...the drive is much easier now that I've moved to PG lol

did a road trip once from Vancouver to Dauphin, Manitoba for an ice fishing derby, took turns driving non stop to arrive 30 mins before the derby started, that was a rough drive lol...used to be an annual trip to North Battleford, SK for an ice fishing derby that's since been cancelled....old college friends fly into Edmonton from ON for the trip....with the derby gone it's turned into a Cold Lake and Slave Lake road trip, one of the trips I look forward to the most every year

for me half the fun of hunting and fishing is the adventure and good company....when the finances allow for it, I'd go wherever I could afford the gas.....my goal is to fish in every province and territory in Canada, so far I've done BC to QC....my hunting goals are less ambitious, I'd be very happy to have a successful hunt every region in BC, only done 7 A/B and 3 so far, got some work to do there still

I have "next corner syndrome"....always want to see what's around the next bend, over the next ridge, etc

it's definitely not an "exercise in subsistence" living, it's a complete lifestyle choice, but the $/lb for meat in the freezer is always worth it
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I’ll pretty much go as far as I can go or want to. Distance or the drive doesn’t bother me if I think the hunting will be good. I love the experience myself in seeing new country and exploring BC. I just keep the cost of gas to myself haha. Like mentioned previously, it’s memories that will last a life time. Already met some incredible people that hunt and look up to for in knowledge

Anywhere from 30 minutes to 8hrs depending on what I am after. I plan on getting to NZ in 2020 for Tahr, Stag and deep sea fishing if everything goes well!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Driving from Maple Ridge........most of my deer hunting is around Cache Creek/Clinton area, Elk hunting outside of Cranbrook, Sheep hunting out of Muncho Lake and this year RJ and I may go on an Alberta Hunting adventure !!!!
    So a bit of driving for sure.....not scared to burn up some gas to go hunting thats for sure.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

My first year hunting in BC, I applied for three LEH and won all of them. Sheep in Peace, Grizzly in MidCoast and Anterless doe in Thompson. Finances would allow for one hunt, I choose Grizzly and did not find a adult male old enough. So my limit is one big hunt a year and many 2-3 day hunts.

Going to drive 26 hours in a couple weeks to NW BC.

I'll go anywhere in BC that looks cool and promises adventure and that allows hunting, especially if my partners in crime are going.

I look forward to being able to do something international.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    For me the experience of going on a hunting trip is priceless.
    Same here, but with the family twist.
    I have been either hunting with the wife and kids or Dear Old Dad and brother.

Within those parameters, cost per pound simply doesn't matter.
    With the wife and kids, getting game isn't the priority either.