Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: how far will you go

Re: how far will you go

I’ll do three big ones this year, one overseas, one north, one to the coast (elk draw).
    maybe Alberta as well if things work out.

Been invited back to New Zealand in the spring but I haven’t told my wife yet.

Go wherever to be honest, go way up north or just hit one of my cabins, more depends on time and draws!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Once drove for 3 days to southern Wyoming, hunted antelope for 2hrs, then drove for 3 days home.

16 hours each way, was as long as I've ever gone...

I do one “big” trip a year. With the fellas I get out with for that we do a 18+ hour drive on odd years and a 6 hour drive on even years. Try and go on lots of day trips within an hour of home and weekend trips up to three hours away too.

As I get older I like to stay closer to home, 1-2 hours of driving. My favourite hunts are walking out my front door.

I would gladly travel many many hours assuming I have the time to justify it. Sask for white tail is soon to happen.
    Alaska for grizz or maybe Yukon

but thus far for the past three years I haven’t had to travel more than 2 hours from home to fill all of my tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    As I get older I like to stay closer to home, 1-2 hours of driving. My favourite hunts are walking out my front door.
    Strange, as I get older my favorites are going farther and farther afield. I don’t really care about filling tags so much, as long as I have something to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    Once drove for 3 days to southern Wyoming, hunted antelope for 2hrs, then drove for 3 days home.
    lol. I drove to Yellowstone, in winter, for 17hrs straight .... photographed some animals, drove back for 19hrs .... i think i spent like one night in Gardner, Montana.
    Trusty old Jeep never skipped a beat ... I'll never own a vehicle that will treat me as well as that jeep did.

Like the jeep, those days are long gone too. These days i'm lucky if i can sit behind the wheel for 3 hours without my back cramping up .... and i'm only 34

This year will be the farthest I have gone, 14 hours plus to 7-27. I am so excited about the opportunity to spend a week long in Northern BC. Who cares about the harvest. It is all about the adventure for me. If I manage to harvest something that is just the cherry on the top. I can't wait. The LEH gods have been nice to me the last few years. Two amazing hunts in back to back years I will take it.