Thread: transportation options to get onto heidi gwaii from Vancouver or campbell river?

transportation options to get onto heidi gwaii from Vancouver or campbell river?

hello fellow fisherman!

Does anybody know what options are available (if any) to get onto Haida Gwaii without flying in?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: transportation options to get onto heidi gwaii from Vancouver or campbell river?

If you have some time you should be Like Jesus and walk. Or fly or take a ferry.

Re: transportation options to get onto heidi gwaii from Vancouver or campbell river?

i'm actually working on it.

if walking on water doesn't work. I'm out of luck because as far as i know the only ferry to Heidi gwaii is from princerupert about 15 hours from me..

BC ferries run from Van Is to Prince Rupert iirc
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Last year, and again this year, we ferry from hardy to rupert and then on to skidegate. 48 hour trip.

It's slow and pricey ($1500 with a cabin off season) but a fun trip if you've got the time.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 07-14-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.