Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a chance

Re: Taking a chance

Wow thank you all for your input. This is why I love this site.
    Thanks for all the suggestions as to what to ask and what to think of before committing.
    You are all awesome and thanks for all the private messages as well.
    Take care,

Brian

Hunting with someone new for the first time can be a bit of a leap of faith. It won't take long to figure out if you mesh.

Talk and iron out all the details, food, cost splitting, home butcher/paid butcher, fuel, atv or not. Accommodations because the new guy sleeps in 5 star hotels only, while I slept in my truck at the hunting location. But we had a great time.
    Heard a story where 3 guys needed a forth for a 10 day hunt and a guy showed up only to find the first three with their pallet of beer (60 cases, 1440 cans, 2000 lbs)in a trailer with a running refrigerator in it keeping the beer cold. Drunk by 10 am they were. Forth guy packed up and left on the second day. I would have too.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Oh wow that would be horrible! I'm no where close that kind of so called hunting.
    I get what your saying. It can go good or bad. After talking with Eric he seems like a good all around guy. I also talked to a guy off this site who works at the same mill as Eric. The guy had nothing bad to say about him.

Tough choice man it's a long ways to go to find out we are total opisite people.

If I were you I would go for it simply because the adventure is why I hunt not if I bring something home. You might just find a new hunting buddy.
    It's only money, you can't take it with you.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

People can surprise you for sure...I went on an Ice fishing weekend trip with a bunch of dudes I'd worked with for years, no one mentioned it was a hardcore drug weekend, hardcore to me anyway, maybe not to some...I've never done coke or extasy, I drink beer and have been known to stay up past midnight drinking with buddies..I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 8am and made bacon and eggs, they were all still up sprawled around the cabin like junkies, I offered some food, no one was hungry , I fished till 4pm with another guy who was high as a kite, went back to the cabin and nothing changed...I drove home...apparently they didn't sleep all weekend, not my idea of fun...you'd think someone would have let me know...I was naive but sometimes you just never know people till you do..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Oh wow that would be horrible! I'm no where close that kind of so called hunting.
    I get what your saying. It can go good or bad. After talking with Eric he seems like a good all around guy. I also talked to a guy off this site who works at the same mill as Eric. The guy had nothing bad to say about him.

Tough choice man it's a long ways to go to find out we are total opisite people.
    Life is all about choices and chances. If your gut tells you it looks fine, then go enjoy the experience. The worst that could happen is your not compatible hunting partners.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    The worst that could happen is your not compatible hunting partners.
    or he brings his portable dvd player and only one movie. " brokeback mountain"

^^^hahahaha

I met 604ksmith off this site. I am 25 years his senior. He is a regular in my hunting world now. He lives 8 hours away from me but we talk hunting every week of the year and get about 3 hunts in a year together now. It can work!