Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Taking a chance

Re: Taking a chance

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Sorry had a good chuckle about leaving them on the mountain.
    One never knows how it will turnout eh!? Do you have any advice for me?
    I'm leaning towards going. My wife hasnt said go or not to do it. Majority of the people seem to be leaning towards going.
    Eric seems like a great guy . It's me who is aprehensive do to my lack of experience.
    Thank you
    I have learned so much from guys who were willing to teach. Even to have an opportunity to just watch and learn.

Would not hesitate personally. Ask questions, work hard, don’t whine, cook and clean. Totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I have learned so much from guys who were willing to teach. Even to have an opportunity to just watch and learn.

Would not hesitate personally. Ask questions, work hard, don’t whine, cook and clean. Totally worth it.
    I agree buddy! I've got no problems cooking cleaning or whatever and ask questions. Guess if I'm going to go I should buy a bugal and start practicing..lol

Get on it! You get into some screaming bulls and you’ll be hooked for life.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Get on it! You get into some screaming bulls and you’ll be hooked for life.
    I've been watching the elk hunting show called Land OF The Free 2.0. Great videos. Have you watched them?

No I don’t want to set my expectations too high.

I'm leaning towards going. My wife hasnt said go or not to do it. Majority of the people seem to be leaning towards going.
    Eric seems like a great guy . It's me who is aprehensive do to my lack of experience.
    So, I know and work with the fellow BStrachan is contemplating going on this hunt with....we're not friends or anything away from work, But, I think we can be pretty sure he's not an axe murderer or total wing nut. That being said....look at it this way

worst case.....its a shitty trip, you don't get along....SO WHAT!! blowing one week of one hunting season is not the end of the world!

best case.......its a GREAT trip!!! You guys get along great, and you make a great friend and hunting partner!

the potential upside outweighs the potential downside, you're risking possibly one shitty hunt against the chance of MANY great hunts in the future

I say giv'er
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    So, I know and work with the fellow BStrachan is contemplating going on this hunt with....we're not friends or anything away from work, But, I think we can be pretty sure he's not an axe murderer or total wing nut. That being said....look at it this way

worst case.....its a shitty trip, you don't get along....SO WHAT!! blowing one week of one hunting season is not the end of the world!

best case.......its a GREAT trip!!! You guys get along great, and you make a great friend and hunting partner!

the potential upside outweighs the potential downside, you're risking possibly one shitty hunt against the chance of MANY great hunts in the future

I say giv'er
    Chris, I thank you! Thanks for your input and, standing up for Eric, goes along ways when a person speaks good about someone they work with.
    As right now, I'm looking at the financial side of it.
    The cost of a ferry plus the gas for me to make it to your neck of the woods. Plus the other expenses from Quenell to our hunting spot.

Definately a pricier endeavor from your end....if i recall its a solid 8 hour trip to your chosen hunting area once you get to quesnel from the island...which alone has got to be 10 hrs+??? Pretty much 2 days travel on either end of the trip.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson