Thread: Racing river boat launches? Stones on the brain!

Racing river boat launches? Stones on the brain!

Hey all, I was up in the area last year trying to find a spot to drop in after my hunt up farther. The road on the south shore beside the bridge that crosses the racing was... less than a boat launch lol. I could probably adjust some boulder positions and kick in there if the waters at a decent level (was up mid september). Just wondering if anyone knows an area to launch a boat into near there? Short of running the toad through the slide to access it anyways.

It's a 14.5 ft firefish with teflon, so I'm ready for the bony water and could slide it down the rocks into it if need be, but I'd certainly prefer a launch where I can get it back on the trailer without a winch involved .

Tossing the idea around of a solo sheep hunt in the area, I can access the other rivers fine but I'd like to give that one a shot, hopefully climb my way out of the 1< club. Last year hunting in sheep country for the first time certainly opened my eyes. Less than a month til opener!

Cheers,
    Cole.

https://imgur.com/a/SPTAA7H

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Racing river boat launches? Stones on the brain!

No idea on launch sites, but late July through mid August should be a lot more favourable water depths than mid September.

Not sure if northern BC is getting similar precip to the south this year or not.

cross the bridge take your next left. decent launch there

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    cross the bridge take your next left. decent launch there
    The one I have the ? and arrow pointing to? Never drove down that guy. Thanks for the info Koots!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    No idea on launch sites, but late July through mid August should be a lot more favourable water depths than mid September.

Not sure if northern BC is getting similar precip to the south this year or not.
    I'll have to look into that and see, it wasn't terrible last year but more is always better. Doubt it would be like the Gathto where you could end up leaving the boat.

Did you end up running the Racing? Looks like there is a bit of a canyon.

If youre going up river you wont go far ...I think there is a falls ...Might want to inquire more ..Have seen guys come past our camp at the bridge then awhile later come roaring back down river ...Dennis

Ran downriver instead, didn't venture up. It can be done but it's bony and exciting if the water were to drop much. You can launch off to the left after the bridge off a bar, but you can sink in the mud there as well. Thankfully we had a winch, duelly didn't track so well.

Thanks for the heads up too elknut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_D08 View Post
    Did you end up running the Racing? Looks like there is a bit of a canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post

Tossing the idea around of a solo sheep hunt in the area, I can access the other rivers fine but I'd like to give that one a shot, hopefully climb my way out of the 1< club. Last year hunting in sheep country for the first time certainly opened my eyes. Less than a month til opener!

Cheers,
    Cole.

https://imgur.com/a/SPTAA7H
    Be safe....
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU