Thread: Stripped cam screw

Stripped cam screw

Hi everyone,

I have an old compound bow I'm trying to tune and size up for my younger brother who I'm trying to get into archery. It appears whoever used it last stripped the screw which in the manual is described as an 8-32 button head screw. I believe the metric measurement of it would be an M3 8mm screw. Does anyone know where I'd be able to find a screw of these dimensions in the lower mainland/order online? Any help with this would be very much appreciated

Thanks for reading,

Tony

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stripped cam screw

How long do you need? Where are you located?

Home Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Peavy Mart etc should all have #8-32 screws. They often have a cabinet full of sizes, types (stainless steel, head types etc).

The next size up is #10-32 if you need to drill and retap it larger since it is stripped?

Metric and # screws are not interchangeable although often close in size and thread pitch.

You are in luck, 8-32 is common threading. You should be able to pick one up in stainless steel in any hardware store. 8-32 and m3 are not interchangeable. You’d have a lot less luck if you needed to find something with fine threading like 8-36.

half inch, located in North Vancouver

Brian and Blockcaver, thanks. I'll try looking at the larger homedepot in Burnaby - they will have something hopefully.

You'd probably find it at Steveston marine. They have a huge assortment of metric and imperial SS screws.

If you don’t find something and make it out to the valley let me know. I probably have something you could use.