Thread: chest carrier for DSLR?

chest carrier for DSLR?

Wondering if anyone uses some sort of bino bivy system for a DSLR camera while out hunting? Looking to get more into photography and want easy access to my camera when hiking while at the same time having some sort of protection for the camera. Typically would be using a 35mm fixed lens, so fairly short out front. Looking at options for an upcoming hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: chest carrier for DSLR?

I use a peak design V3. It’s just a clamp that goes on the backpack shoulder strap. I love it, very secure and fast to remove/return the camera. Doesn’t protect the camera but it’s a great way to carry it

Cotton Carrier makes a chest harness, its money. I have tried the peak designs but the CC system is faster, quieter and with is being a chest harness if you drop your bag and walk away for something your camera is always there to grab a shot. Highly recommend.

Put it in your back pack.... plenty of time for pictures when its dead.

[QUOTE=835;2103344]Put it in your back pack.... plenty of time for pictures when its dead.[/QUOTE

If I wanted dead animal pictures that would work great. But that wasn't the question.

You asked for a carrying system? toss it in your pack... the DSLR will be bouncing off you Binos all day!

I carry on a side shoulder strap that I put over one shoulder. Not 100% does not really protect camera but I can still manage a huge hike with gear and hiking poles and have the camera immediately accessible on my shoulder.

Saw a hiker with a pack I think would be called a lumbar pack but he had it on backwards, loaded to the front.
    Maybe it worked front and rear, didn't ask, but it was huge.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole