Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does grazing cows affect your hunting area

Re: How does grazing cows affect your hunting area

i shot a whotetail that was on a trot at 220 one day good back stop for bullet hit the deer perfect for the angle no guts no shoulder dead on impact...

man i was scared when the cow i did not see 20yards to its left started mooing at the shot i was sure i had just got a whitetail and would have to buy a cow..lol

even the spookies deer can be among cattle.

the biggest issue with cattle occurs when the area is overgrazed by the cattle this occurs allover the province and the last time a farmer was audited too how many head he had compared to his lease not saying the lease could even sustain his allotment was 1972....

there is alot of responsible ranchers...but abuse is almost ramped aswell with no enforcment..i help my neighbours on three different leases and hunt many lease areas..i notice more game on the non over grazed leases...yet i also notice more game on active leases than non active as the veg is greener and younger and less blow down and under brush..

cattle grazing is way better than spraying for dealing with regen forest.

and beats down the fire hazard..most cattle are pulled by first week of october leaving ample hunting time in most mu's

Yep, way to much over grazing in to many areas, take Roche Lake Provincial Park for example.

Disgusting.

Hmmm, just when I thought I was on a an actual game trail, not
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Back in the day my dad hunted the Stoddard meadows in Kamloops and did very well on bringing the moose always home, I can remember one late afternoon and a black bear chasing two cows around the meadow... and Gisbourne Lake was full of Wellands cattle .... back in the day a lot moose also hung out with them. It took a good day to get in there with a good 4x4 ... if it was a wet year it was almost a no go ... lots of cows ... lots of moose.

half of the ministry workers are almost 65 and freinds with the farmers and or on the take...

think about it feed is not cheap..how many feilds do you see of hay cow corn ect...160 a round bail is the price right know and with a wet year many farmers wont have to irrigat but wont cut tell it goes to seed or will get rained on and turn to moldy shit sileage..if a farmer even puts 3 more cow calf pairs on a range than hes alowed thats 3600-4600 more dollars come auction in oct..that he never had to feed..he pays a range fee but its peanuts. ao if he sneaks 20 extra pairs on a 80 head lease how much is his profit?
    he pulls them down in oct the foilage is rapped he sells the calfs maybe twins and only has to feed the heffers a few months and repeat.
    i think for proper wildlife managment hunters,ranvher,loggers, and native need to partner...with all issue road access,grazing,harvest,water,cover..ect.

so twenty pairs snuck in half twins that is 30 more calves for auction at 1200 a peice...is over grazing a massive issue?? you bet..same valley one range has 60 head allowance other range has 60 head allowance north facing range has twenty cows and a robust deer population south face has 140 cows low deer numbers..hmm must be a coincedence..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    half of the ministry workers are almost 65 and freinds with the farmers and or on the take...

think about it feed is not cheap..how many feilds do you see of hay cow corn ect...160 a round bail is the price right know and with a wet year many farmers wont have to irrigat but wont cut tell it goes to seed or will get rained on and turn to moldy shit sileage..if a farmer even puts 3 more cow calf pairs on a range than hes alowed thats 3600-4600 more dollars come auction in oct..that he never had to feed..he pays a range fee but its peanuts. ao if he sneaks 20 extra pairs on a 80 head lease how much is his profit?
    he pulls them down in oct the foilage is rapped he sells the calfs maybe twins and only has to feed the heffers a few months and repeat.
    i think for proper wildlife managment hunters,ranvher,loggers, and native need to partner...with all issue road access,grazing,harvest,water,cover..ect.
    My friend pays less than half that for a round bail.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

great probably straight run grass non irregated high straw content...or they purchase it from a long standing freing look small square bails roughly way 60 pounds and sell for 7-8 dollars a bail...typically a round bail is supposed to be 1 tonne.. they may be light..

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Some deer probably stay away while others don't even seem to notice. I have seen deer hanging out very close to cows as they graze.
    I have seen this with deer, particularly whitetails, as well...