Thread: Prawning in sannich inlet

Hybrid View

Prawning in sannich inlet

My son has boat moored in Brentwood near the entrance to Todd inlet,in 110’ of water.Is that deep enough for prawns?and when is the best time of year?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Prawning in sannich inlet

Yes. People pull prawns out of there in large quantities. I'm a land mammal so I can't give ya any more info than that, sorry!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Prawn fishing on the east central side of the Island (Campbell River) was always best in the spring before the commercial opening, but you could get them all year.

110’ was a bit shallow but I’d get them in less water if I let the traps soak over night. During the day we usually fished about double that depth. Not watching your traps quite often resulted in no traps when you went to check them though...

But prawns are where you find them and any day out pawning is better than sitting at home...

I wondered if it would be worth his while to just drop a trap over the side of his boat...is it too late in the year now?

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    I wondered if it would be worth his while to just drop a trap over the side of his boat...is it too late in the year now?
    You want at least 280 feet of water if not more on a drop off is normally good. Prawning has been excellent lately.

find a spot 275-325' deep at the edge of structure (the steeper the better - think of setting your traps on the sidewalk on douglas st right beside the old hudson bay building)

use cat food (tuna usually best)

"that's gold jerry"

good luck

ps. not the real douglas street...........your mayor would be offended