Thread: Mule deer October???

Mule deer October???

Hey wondering if all the mule deer hunters could help me out, drew a mule deer doe tag for October in region 5. Not asking for spots!! Coming from the island and taking out brother in law for his first deer hunt and wouldn’t mind helping him find a buck. So because of the travel I have to pick a week. Would you guys hunt close to September or November??? Have young kids and can’t be gone during Halloween so latest week could be Oct.20-26th. I’m taking they are mostly in the timber in October much like black tails that I have lots of experince hunting.
    Any help pointing me in the right direction much appreciated!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mule deer October???

Just go, you can get deer from september 1st right through to december 10th. It does help to know spots. My one spot I hunt during december archery but stay out of it through september and mid november because they aren't around. But drive and hour down the road in october they're everywhere, but not so much in the winter.

Do you have a general area you are looking at going? I might be heading up at the beginning of October for a hunt around 100 mile. I've got a cabin on Ruth lake so that is the area I would be hunting. There is lots of area to hunt around the cabin. If I go you are welcome to join me.

Tunkwa lake is a good spot to check around. There are are a decent amount of hunters but never a shortage amount of mulies. Shouldn't be too much to find a good meat buck.

Doe tag is easiest to fill. Just drive or walk all the roads and probably within an hour you’ll see a selection of does