Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MU 3-19A moose

Re: MU 3-19A moose

i sent you a email...
    bring both speceis of deer tag.

Thanks. I am on van island and I have the oct tag so we plan on being there for the first weekend and staying for 10 day.

Congrats on the draw! Same one I put in for, "unsuccessful" though. Just curious what the odds were if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Thanks. I am on van island and I have the oct tag so we plan on being there for the first weekend and staying for 10 day.
    That place is overrun with island hunters last few years. Lol.

Congrats on the draw. I have seen a couple of VERY nice bulls on the plateau between before you drop towards Tu kwa ..... west of Dominic lake.

If you are staying at mile higher resort Wys (spelling?) Lake Is another area to check out. I have seen them in there numerous times.

I dont mind sharing because its an LEH only zone so not like I'm ruining it for others.

Last light

the odds were 57-1 and only 5 tags given out.

TwosevenO
    i figure there would be Lots of us islanders, I have heard of guys going up to Logan lake for the 4point season.
    We are going to be camping out and thanks for the info I will look into the area maybe stay right at Dominic lake.

Thanks for answering my question Ronald! Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

That area gets pounded like you wouldn't believe! There are some tank mulies in there but they're smart! We have stayed at Mile High and Tunkwa, there's always talk at Tunkwa of 3 or 4 guys coming out with Moose. Bring WT, Mulie and Moose tag! Get as far off the roads as possible... Use google earth and figure out where some swamps are and hike in We've seen moose in there, if you spend the time and get off the roads you'll do well! Good luck man.

Dirty Steve.

Thanks for the info my, main way of transportation out there is on foot so I’ll be sure to try and find some swamp land.

I got a moose in there 5 years ago when it was 47:1 haha. Find a swamp go hunt. Plenty of moose in there. Just get on google earth. Don’t expect to see one from the road. Put in the work and it will be no problem. Mine only took 11 hours and 30 min to get It all packed up and back to the road