Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crying girl, Pink Mountain or Sikanni Chief

Crying girl, Pink Mountain or Sikanni Chief

So I’m waiving the white flag due to no LEH for years, anyhow I used to go up to these spots religiously every year but stopped in 2013 as I got tired of the drive, but now thinking of doing a elk/moose hunt but heard of the areas getting shiet kicked by wolves and oil and gas. The wolves seem to be everywhere in BC but is it shiet kicked up there now? We would do seismic lines, some walking etc.
    i guess what I am asking, are the animal numbers still worth the investment as with gas costing an arm and leg this would cost a small fortune! Lol
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crying girl, Pink Mountain or Sikanni Chief

My friend and I are heading up to 7-57B in the beginning of October for a bison draw. His brother used to go every year but stopped due to success dropping off. I'm hoping it's not as bad as he says but from what I have been told it's not what it used to be.

It ain’t great, mind you I’m not hunting moose around my place to give them a break, elk on the other hand...

Can buy a lot of beef for price of the fuel and expenses but won’t be any grizzlies or mud holes in costco. Go whack an elk/moose and have an adventure.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Can buy a lot of beef for price of the fuel and expenses but won’t be any grizzlies or mud holes in costco. Go whack an elk/moose and have an adventure.
    LOL I tell my friends that head out for very expensive trips every year, and sadly they are unsuccessful most of the time, that turkeys are $.99 a pound all the time so for every $100 spent I get 100 lbs of meat lol. But honestly nothing beats the hunt and being in the bush seeing animals and if lucky enough to harvest a decent one, it is worth the time and money.
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Thanks for the feedback, just mainly going for an elk myself, other partners for a moose as well..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Fly to Hawaii or go hunt; both expensive trips, but the game meat is priceless. Any elk we’ve seen were up on the higher slopes.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

^^

With each truck hauling a trailer from Langley to one of those spots I would say 3 tanks each way, so on the higher end 900 per truck for fuel, now just gas for tracker and atv’s, plus laces for boots! Probably 700 for food, 1000 for booze....lol. Probably be 4 of us so just shy of 1000 each so not too bad for where you’re going!

Looking forward to going, hopefully a farmer chimes in and needs a few elk taken care of?

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    ^^

With each truck hauling a trailer from Langley to one of those spots I would say 3 tanks each way, so on the higher end 900 per truck for fuel, now just gas for tracker and atv’s, plus laces for boots! Probably 700 for food, 1000 for booze....lol. Probably be 4 of us so just shy of 1000 each so not too bad for where you’re going!

Looking forward to going, hopefully a farmer chimes in and needs a few elk taken care of?
    It is good that you have a buddy who can bring a lot of free beer.

Part of every paycheque goes into my "hunting account". My personal allowance is 5$ everyday I work. Don't seem like much but upwards of 1000$ a year works for me.