Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crying girl, Pink Mountain or Sikanni Chief

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Crying girl, Pink Mountain or Sikanni Chief

Pink mountain sounds good to me! Eastern foothills for those bugling ba$tards!! Pfft, I get up every day to go to work, so I can spend 2 weeks in the bush! I'd work the foothills for the elk! Saying that, I have a buddy who gets a moose every year up there during the moose rut! He works hard for it though! Don't have to get too far off the beaten path, but you do have to get off the quad, you know that already!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I have hunted that area for about 21 years now. Back when I started the animal were everywhere! About 20 big game sighting a day and cutting a tag was a given. For about the last half dozen years its hard to find a moose or an elk in a weeks hunt! I enjoy the area and will continue to go though. I dont hunt for meat though, never have. Its all about the adventure for me. Any meat is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I have hunted that area for about 21 years now. Back when I started the animal were everywhere! About 20 big game sighting a day and cutting a tag was a given. For about the last half dozen years its hard to find a moose or an elk in a weeks hunt! I enjoy the area and will continue to go though. I dont hunt for meat though, never have. Its all about the adventure for me. Any meat is just a bonus.

Thats my style too, but I do want one elk! Not being greedy, just one! Lol
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Fly to Hawaii or go hunt; both expensive trips, but the game meat is priceless. Any elk we’ve seen were up on the higher slopes.
    Ahem... take your bow and hunt Hawaii!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

My grouse last year were at least $100.00 each. lol Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Pink mountain sounds good to me! Eastern foothills for those bugling ba$tards!! Pfft, I get up every day to go to work, so I can spend 2 weeks in the bush! I'd work the foothills for the elk! Saying that, I have a buddy who gets a moose every year up there during the moose rut! He works hard for it though! Don't have to get too far off the beaten path, but you do have to get off the quad, you know that already!! Moosin
    moosin you talking the hillside from the lower by Maies kitchen up to pink mountain store? In reference to eastern foothills?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I ran up the sikanni last year early august. From the little campground up to the falls. Hiked up the banks into the poplars and only found old sign comingled with predator tracks. Found some good moose tracks on the river, and wolf tracks intermingled there as well. Never seen an ungulate in the quick 3 days I was there wandering. Might be better luck farther up passed all the falls, but then you have to get there!

I'm sorry man but I say go for it!!
    I'm looking at joining a random stranger on a elk/moose hunt in MU 7-35 and I've only been at this for 4 years. Go for it my friend!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    moosin you talking the hillside from the lower by Maies kitchen up to pink mountain store? In reference to eastern foothills?
    Anywhere along the eastern side of the Rockies, from Halfway/Graham, up to and past pink mountain. We hunted Bison up the 172 mile, seen piles of elk wintering on all the loafs! When I was contracting forestry up there, seen elk all along past the gate on the Graham, Halfway, Chowade rivers! Beauty country up there, and worth the trip. I'll be up there next year, curtailments this year kinda put the stop to an adventure trip!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"