Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridge Lake Kokanee

Bridge Lake Kokanee

Man does Bridge Lake have some nice Kokanee. Buddy and myself got six on Friday, a few were absolute tanks... Missed a few as well, think they were short striking the stinger hooks..

Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bridge Lake Kokanee

Hmmmmm amazing kokanee..well done. .thank you for sharing.
    Srupp

For Kokanee, those are decent!

Man that's a fat kokanee. Do you guys ever use dummy gang trolls? Ever since I started using Dog Tails, my old willow leaf gang trolls sit unused. Could I tie them on the downrigger balls as attractants? Last week I tried using dummy flashers (full size salmon flashers) for an hour and no hits whatsoever. As soon as I took the dummy flashers off started getting hits again. I suspect the flashers are too big and scared the kokanee off.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Nice Kokanee there Twanger ! I caught most of my KOKs on a 6 " flasher and a PINK Apex in Bridge Lake .Biggest i ever got was a 3 Lb er ! RJ

When I fished Deka last year, I ran into a local couple who tore there gang trolls apart and only used the top section of the flasher, they were running lead core line as well @ about 20' to 30' deep and were doing quite well.

RJ why would you ever move from there, lol. We were using dog tail and shasta swing blades for dodgers then tube flies and apex for lures. There has to be some big Kok's in there, they've been throwing 100,00+ fish in there seems like forever..

Damn those are piggies. I always plan on going up there in the winter to hit them on the ice but always to busy, THIS winter Ill make sure I get time up there.

Look at them footballs good stuff twanger

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Man that's a fat kokanee. Do you guys ever use dummy gang trolls? Ever since I started using Dog Tails, my old willow leaf gang trolls sit unused. Could I tie them on the downrigger balls as attractants? Last week I tried using dummy flashers (full size salmon flashers) for an hour and no hits whatsoever. As soon as I took the dummy flashers off started getting hits again. I suspect the flashers are too big and scared the kokanee off.
    I was reading an article in BC Outdoors about kok fishing and they said in lakes where there's big predators like lake trout and bull trout large flashers often will do just that and scare kokanee away. But in smaller lakes with less big preds big flashers can do wonders. Makes sense.

I've only ever caught a few kokanee while targeting trout. I'd like try targeting them more they're a great resource and fine eating.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

YUP ! The Lakers feed on KOKs all the time and BIG flashers will scare off the KOKs !

I used 18-27 lb lead core line caught lots of KOK s at 30 -40 ft down ! RJ