Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best book for mountain hunt

Re: Best book for mountain hunt

Man Called Red,as mentioned above. Amazing book,well written and lots of history!

Re: Classic Hunting Books/Authors/Reading(2017)

My post

The Wilderness of Denali
    by Charles Sheldon- A REAL GEM!

A book that is "a memoir of three years of hunting the area of Alaska surrounding Mt. McKinley. It is a classic of American adventure—a book written by a man who was willing to risk his life in pursuit of grizzly bears and the elusive mountain sheep. The account was written each night by campfire as Sheldon discovered what is still regarded as the most scenic wilderness in America."

After reading the book as a teen in Ont. had to move to BEAUTIFUL BC & never looked back.

Then there is the other Shelton!
    All of Gary Shelton's books are a must read before venturing into grizz country.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Anything Louis Lamour

If you are solo a nice sasquatch book is very relaxing. Or maybe Murray can recommend a book on bear attacks in your region.

Kidding, of course, I'd take anything on bushcraft. You might get to use a trick or two.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Re: Classic Hunting Books/Authors/Reading(2017)

My post

The Wilderness of Denali
    by Charles Sheldon- A REAL GEM!

A book that is "a memoir of three years of hunting the area of Alaska surrounding Mt. McKinley. It is a classic of American adventure—a book written by a man who was willing to risk his life in pursuit of grizzly bears and the elusive mountain sheep. The account was written each night by campfire as Sheldon discovered what is still regarded as the most scenic wilderness in America."

After reading the book as a teen in Ont. had to move to BEAUTIFUL BC & never looked back.

Then there is the other Shelton!
    All of Gary Shelton's books are a must read before venturing into grizz country.
    Excellent book!

lol bringing the lady for tent heat..and occupy snowed in days...sound.like a honey moon.

Take a note pad and write your own story/journal lots of things can go through ones mind
    when sitting waiting for weather. If you watched the last alaskans show you will see how some of
    them made notes every day of what the say, caught, weather etc.
    I wish I had kept a journal when guiding.
    Last edited by LBM; 07-05-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jessonml View Post
    Some really good recommendations already. I just finished Rinella’s “American Buffalo” and really enjoyed it. It’s nice and small...
    American buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Know thine enemy?
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

My vote would be a man called red. Perfect read for a hunting trip. Also Alaska’s wolf man by frank glazer.