Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: GOS Moose

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lowermainland
    Posts
    1,107

    GOS Moose

    Hi Fellas

    So no LEH moose for my buddy and I again this year sooooooo. If you had 10 days and were driving from the lower mainland would you gamble and try to hunt a GOS moose area . If so ( because I have not looked at the regulations yet ) is there any MU that you can harvest a moose that has any size of bone on it's head ? Not an MU with all sorts of restrictions for antler size ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    9,568

    Re: GOS Moose

    Region 6 and 7
    - When someone takes away your right to defend yourself, you are a victim.
    When you take away your own right to defend yourself, you are a sheep.
    - We need a study to study the study. If the study that studied the study does not concur with the studied study’s findings, we will need a study to study the study that studied the study.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.
    Posts
    5,483

    Re: GOS Moose

    58*17'54.08" N, 128*46'15.24"W Is in Region 7, and has good 4x4, or ATV access, and is a bit off the beaten path! It does have the 2 point, 3 brow tine, or 10 total points after the 1st of September, but it is also very moosey, and very isolated. Give er a try, it is worth the trip! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

    “Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

    It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

    "Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Omineca
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: GOS Moose

    Head in up around ft Nelson and call a big bull in during the rutt

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    199

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    58*17'54.08" N, 128*46'15.24"W Is in Region 7, and has good 4x4, or ATV access, and is a bit off the beaten path! It does have the 2 point, 3 brow tine, or 10 total points after the 1st of September, but it is also very moosey, and very isolated. Give er a try, it is worth the trip! Moosin
    Is there a lot of pressure there? Also looking for a spot for my first moose hunt
    ~
    Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Abbotsford
    Posts
    521

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Hi Fellas

    So no LEH moose for my buddy and I again this year sooooooo. If you had 10 days and were driving from the lower mainland would you gamble and try to hunt a GOS moose area . If so ( because I have not looked at the regulations yet ) is there any MU that you can harvest a moose that has any size of bone on it's head ? Not an MU with all sorts of restrictions for antler size ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    The regs are online and are easily accessible. Good place to start. Good luck, some good eating if you get one! Figure out what to do with it if you do get lucky enough so the meat doesn't heat up and spoil. Get the hide off asap.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kamloops
    Posts
    74

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Is there a lot of pressure there? Also looking for a spot for my first moose hunt
    There will be now!!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    199

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyHorseshoe View Post
    There will be now!!
    only if people from Russia see this post!

    Good one Moosin, you got me, lol!
    ~
    Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    214

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    only if people from Russia see this post!

    Good one Moosin, you got me, lol!
    check again josh

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Pitt Meadows
    Posts
    149

    Re: GOS Moose

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyHorseshoe View Post
    There will be now!!
    Fairly remote area with lots of ground to cover, I would doubt this will change much from a pressure standpoint

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •