Thread: Re: posting pics-try this

Re: posting pics-try this

Been playing around trying to post a picture on the forum in the last couple of days and I think I may have stumbled on to a way that doesn't require resizing or a third party. I just used the Gallery section on this site. (Maybe it's been done before, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned on previous picture posting threads). Assuming the pic of my quad shows up for everyone, I'd say it works. I tried it in the "Moose hunting pics!" thread and it worked there.

1. Open two separate HBC pages (ie. two browser pages open to two separate HBC sites)
    2. On one, click Post New Thread (or Reply to Thread - Advanced, if wanting to add to an existing thread). This will leave you a blank section that will eventually be your post.
    3. Go to the second HBC page and go to Gallery (My Photos). You have to have uploaded the photo you want to post at an earlier time, which is pretty straight forward)
    4. Your photos in your gallery are thumbnail size. Double click on the photo you want to post and it will enlarge. Right click on the enlarged photo and select Copy.
    5. Go back to the first HBC page with the blank section that is ready for your photo and written composition. Right click and select Paste. The photo should appear in a fairly large format.
    6. To add written comment, hit Enter a couple of times to bring the cursor down below your photo.

If you have been unable to post photos in the past, give this a try. Hope it works. If not, back to the drawing board.

2. Site Sponsor

Discovered after looking at a few more picture posting threads that this method has been done before. Recent threads indicate lots of members still having problems, though, so maybe bringing it up again will be helpful to someone.

Sorry but how do you start a new thread?

Why can't the site just make it easier to post? All my pics are too big so I don't post them. Technology is out there so maybe they can update. I would think a lot of guys get too frustrated trying figure out all of the tricks! Good on you for figuring it out.