Thread: Newbie mu 7-11

Newbie mu 7-11

Gos finger lake first time leh no luck,hoping someone can give some helpful tips on area never hunted before. I know this sounds like a bit of a sob story but old man wanted to go on a big trip before he can't anymore he has copd and bunch of other Health issues, so pretty much confined to truck. If anyone is willing to give some tips to help make this trip a worthy one would much appreciate it thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Newbie mu 7-11

Maybe look at Sumaniks sanctuary. He may rent out a cabin to you and point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the info I checked it out but unfortunately a guided outfit is not in the budget. Not looking for anyone's hot spots just some tips or areas to stay away from.
    Last edited by Cboyd; 07-09-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Find a nice cutblock that rises away from the truck.. make sure it has some " depth" to it... not all mowed down.....
    bring a thermos of coffee, a couple fold out lawn chairs, a blanket if nessisary, shooting sticks and a pile of 1/2" poly steel with a block and a pair of radios. .... park the truck 50' away from you.... Get there 30 minutes or more before light and call as long as you can... Call every 10 minutes... a truly horny moose will not give 2 shits about your truck...

you will increase your odds 10 fold just by doing this rather than driving all day.... just find a crappy road and a landing? something.... and DO NOT GET PISSED IF SOMEONE DRIVES UP ON YOU.... /when my dad is too old, this is exactly what we will be doing....

Ok thanks I will check it out