Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-08C Goat

6-08C Goat

I got my second choice goat hunt in 6-08C. I have had this draw before and I have hunted the area a little. As of now I am planning on hunting solo but it is not my preferred way to hunt goat. I was wondering if anyone else on here has the same draw and is interested going together or if they just want to talk about the area and share what we each know.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-08C Goat

Lots of gates in that country. But you are a runner so it wont slow you down too much

The gates might make the pack a little longer.

There are gates up there now? I only knew about the one at 16 on the Suskwa...
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckler View Post
    There are gates up there now? I only knew about the one at 16 on the Suskwa...
    There are some gates. Seem like they are mostly at high elevation to block easy access to the alpine.

All those gates should be ripped out! Why block access to LEH zones? Odds are 0.5-1.0 so harvest rates must be low. Most likely from limited access

I applied for that goat draw as my first choice and didn't get it, that is interesting lol. I would have thought all first choice lottery is run then if there are left over tags that your second choice is run if there are any left over tags in that area? Does anyone know how it works?

I have been on a couple hikes up in that area, tough access but cut trail up old logging road then hiked up. saw big group of nannies and kids and managed to get within about 15 feet from the whole group undetected then backed out undetected. There has been lots of logging so there may be new access but hard to say without going up for a hike to check things out. I am hoping to get a day to rip up there on a weekend look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    I applied for that goat draw as my first choice and didn't get it, that is interesting lol. I would have thought all first choice lottery is run then if there are left over tags that your second choice is run if there are any left over tags in that area? Does anyone know how it works?
    Hmmm.....that is supposed to be how it works. Things like this show the supposed process is flawed. That might explain why some go 20-30 yrs with no draw while others get repeats all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    I check your applications and give them a call if it did happen. It's not possible for someone to draw their second choice before you if it was your first choice.