Thread: Maven Binoculars

Re: Maven Binoculars

US company from Wyoming
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I bought my mavens on Amazon.ca
    I didn't even think to try there. Would have saved on shipping probably going through amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    I didn't even think to try there. Would have saved on shipping probably going through amazon.

Amazon pricing it fluctuating.
    I had some binos on my wishlist and the price was ranging from 300-350.
    Now I found them for 254.
    Amazon pricing is crap shoot. You have to watch it.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I picked up the Maven B2 9x45's gently used off the rockslide optics forum last year from a member in WA. Exceptional glass right up there with the euro brands.

https://www.rokslide.com/maven-b2-binocular-review/

I'm looking at purchasing the b2 9x45 as well.

I had the c1 8x42s and I really liked them.

The b2 will give me a little more quality that I want as I seem to be glassing more and not so much running and gunning.

I'll still run and run so that's why I'm thinking about the 9x45s so they are still very useless over shorter distances.

Obviously the other option is the 11x...

Did you b2 owners test both the 9x and the 11x?
    Any thoughts?

Also, why did you go 9x over the 11xs.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing the b2 9x45 as well.

I had the c1 8x42s and I really liked them.

The b2 will give me a little more quality that I want as I seem to be glassing more and not so much running and gunning.

I'll still run and run so that's why I'm thinking about the 9x45s so they are still very useless over shorter distances.

Obviously the other option is the 11x...

Did you b2 owners test both the 9x and the 11x?
    Any thoughts?

Also, why did you go 9x over the 11xs.

Thanks.
    I have been using the 9x45 since 2018. They go with me on every trip, whether I’m archery elk hunting, sitting in a tree stand for whitetails, above alpine for mule deer, goats or sheep. I chose the 9x45 because where I live in the West Koots, areas can be pretty tight. The 9x is better for one handed use when I’m working in on animals with my bow. I haven’t found the magnification lacking at all for any mountain hunts, glassing up animals from miles away as the clarity is outstanding. The extra 2x will do nothing for spotting animals, only making glassing without a tripod more shaky. When I need more magnification to judge or count points I’m grabbing my spotting scope.

Do yourself a favour and get set up with a tripod. I use the Outdoorsman adapter and a cheap Vortex tripod. It makes a difference that you won't believe until you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    I have been using the 9x45 since 2018. They go with me on every trip, whether I’m archery elk hunting, sitting in a tree stand for whitetails, above alpine for mule deer, goats or sheep. I chose the 9x45 because where I live in the West Koots, areas can be pretty tight. The 9x is better for one handed use when I’m working in on animals with my bow. I haven’t found the magnification lacking at all for any mountain hunts, glassing up animals from miles away as the clarity is outstanding. The extra 2x will do nothing for spotting animals, only making glassing without a tripod more shaky. When I need more magnification to judge or count points I’m grabbing my spotting scope.
    Thanks! That's perfect. I'm in Nelson so we're hunting the same terrain. I'll get the 9x's and bring the tripod and spotter when necessary.

pine wood I have a carbon manfrotto and a outdoorsman adapter on its way. Not the lightest but like it more than my vortex summit.

I got the b2 9x45 this spring to replace my old Vortex. What a difference! Nice glass and a tight fit into the Marsupial M harness. I went with the 9 for better glassing from standing/with hands. Would recommend

Quote Originally Posted by jikkyo View Post
    I got the b2 9x45 this spring to replace my old Vortex. What a difference! Nice glass and a tight fit into the Marsupial M harness. I went with the 9 for better glassing from standing/with hands. Would recommend
    Good to hear. No issues with size and weight?