Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maven Binoculars

Maven Binocular Review

For the last 5-6 years I have used vortex diamondback 10x42 binoculars. Towards the end of last fall, someone wiser than me explained why I may prefer 8x42 binos because I have very shaky hands and have difficulties getting a still image in my binos. With more light coming in and less visible shake that is more noticeable at higher magnifications, I tried a friend's leuopold binos that were 8x42. I noticed a big difference in clarity and brightness and there was a definite improvement in image stabilization.

This year when I took out two new hunters for spring bear, I was introduced to the brand Maven. I had never heard of this company before. I was blown away by the clarity of the binoculars these two hunters had. After a bit of research, I took the plunge and purchased a pair of 8x42 Binos from Maven. I opted for the lowest quality/model they make based on reviews and how much I wanted to spend and I can't say enough good things about them. Maven makes C1, B1 and B2 binos that include common mags. used by hunters and while their higher models are a superior product to the C1's I purchased, the C1's are amazing quality for the price.

I wanted to point out my experience for 2 reasons; 1) because of how much of an improvement it made in image stabilization by reducing the power from 10x-8x for me, and 2) Maven isn't a super well known brand yet and I am very impressed with the quality of the product at an affordable price. For a general hunting bino these will serve me well. When I need higher magnifications for spotting I'll have a spotting scope and tripod in my pack.

Just my two cents!
    Last edited by hparrott; 07-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Maven Binoculars

Thanks for the review! I was going to buy a pair of these but got a great deal on a pair of Zeiss from a HBC member.

I picked up a set of B2s 9X45 last year. They are the perfect binocular for me. I looked through a lot of alpha tier glass before purchasing these and I think they are right up there with the rest. Might pick up a pair of the c1s for my daughters to use in future years.

I had some C1 I sold them and bought some Leica Trinovid. To me there not much difference, the Leica’s are better but for the price the C1 is very hard to beat!!

I bought the C1 as well, I can't say I have had a chance to test a bunch of bino's side by side but they are certainly a step up from the Bushnell Ultra HD and very bright and clear. I had heard the same as above that the trinovids/Conquests are better but at the costs savings for the Mavens they were hard to pass. I'll use them for a few years and re-evaluate if I want/need to spend for alpha glass or find a good deal used.

Wish I'd joined the forum at my friends recommendation when I was taking the core course at the beginning of the year. I would have see this and bought the 8x42 C1's instead of the 10x42. Ah well, live and learn.

^^^the 10x42s will be nice as well...nothing wrong with a little more power

Where do you buy them

You can only buy them direct from maven optics website

I bought my mavens on Amazon.ca