Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wall tents

Re: Wall tents

I used one years ago. Prefabbed interior walls/door and floors for it and placed them out in hunting camps. Because the tent walls were only 4 feet high I
    added an additional 2 foot high plywood wall around the bottom. We were able to assemble the frame and tent structure in a couple of hours on site. Nice to have a way to hang things up inside and a firm dry floor. Always had a small airtight wood stove to take off the chill.
    Haven’t used the tent in years, may need a few small repairs. Not sure of the size, probably about 10 by 12 or 14. Can make you the best deal ever if you’re interested.

Thanks for all the replies and info.

I use a vinyl wall tent from Alpha Tent in Burnaby. It's a 12 X 16 X 6 so quite spacious. I shock cord all the pole coupling fittings on 3 cords for the ridge and eaves. Found this was the biggest time saver as they no longer were all scrambled up initially and then with the stretch shock cord it kept everything compressed and locked together. This is essential when you are lifting the corners for the wall poles and used to have to deal with the continual blow-outs of a pole and coupling at the opposite ends. I am guessing an hour max to set up solo, including Cylinder stove, half floor, cot's and cooking pantry. (Unless I'm in the Empire Valley and it's blowing 30+...)

Both end walls are detachable, for easier rolling and packing so when by myself and if it's quite cold, you can attach an end wall on an interior truss creating a 12 X 12 enclosure with a 4' awning. The wood lasts quite a bit longer as not as much space is heated. I also have 7 clear plastic 3 X 3 windows with vinyl flaps and bug netting to allow easy ventilation and natural light on warmer days.

One of my best rigs is a little battery operated 6" fan that attaches magnetically to the tent wall and sends an easy breeze across the stove circulating the warmth well into the tent corners and pushing the inevitable vinyl moisture out the peak vents.

Have done many 7 - 10 days stints in this tent and it is very comfortable.
    Last edited by David Heitsman; 07-05-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

I’ve had a wall tent from deluxe since 2006 still going strong 30-40 minutes start to finish including the stove and tarps

I love the deluxe wall tents tents (my tent is not, but they built the frame for mine, my buddies have their tents). Mines a 12x14, takes 20-30 minutes for me to set up the tent. It’s a quick job with two

Chris - sent you a PM

Six beer usually.....

Thanks xmd 70 I sent you a pm

Another dumb question for sizing. How much space does the average stove take up?

I have a 12 by 14 wall tent. The tent itself usually goes up in 20-30 minutes when I'm by myself. Takes a couple of hours to get camp set up the way I like with cots, stove and camp kitchen. Always remember the first place you are going to set your tent up will most likely be your lawn. Not really indicative of the conditions you will be setting it up in once in the bush.