Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall tents

Wall tents

Hi
    I am considering picking up a wall tent but I had a couple questions for the more experienced.
    On average how long does set up take? I know it's a vague question as there are a bunch of different sizes and styles.
    Is set up something that 1 guy can do or is a second person needed?
    Where is a good place to get a tent? Is it worth shopping around for a used one or do they wear out quickly?
    Thanks in advance for any guidance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wall tents

I can set mine up on myself in less than 20 minutes and that's my 10 x 12 tent with a second 10 x 12 frame and 30 x 40 tarp over the whole thing steaked to the ground.

My piece of advice is whatever size you think you need to go one size bigger

Chris,

I just bought a used 10x12 Deluxe wall tent. Very happy with the quality of this tent. Has a screened window in the back, double zipper screen front door, 5' porch.

I had never set one up before, I simply watched a video online.

Took me 31 minutes to set up by myself the first time.( just the tent, no stove or tarp)
    Now that I know which poles go where(they are coloured coded) I can probably shave 5 minutes off the setup time.

Probably be a 30 minute job by myself getting the tent set up, the stove in, getting it tarped and staked.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 07-03-2019 at 07:39 AM.

I have a 14x16 wall tent, setup with two guys for just the frame and canvas is only 10 min? I find setting up the inside, sleeping bag cots ect takes longer.
    I have a 2nd 14x16 frame With no canvas that is extra for my needs. If you look into cost for frames / with canvas vs new canvas and a good used frame if you think it’s worth while I could sell my Frame for 1/2 price of a new one.
    My frame has no “porch” area.

1. Label everything, every pole, joint.
    2. Practice before the hunt
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

guest Guest

Deluxe wall tents on Van Isle is a sponsor here on HBC and many happy customers post good things of their products. They are certainly worth a look for sure.

Depending on where you live research whats around you. We have a 12x14 with 8 ft. Add on or not porch. Full fly for the entire tent. Internal frame. Lots of extras. We got ours from Northwest Shelters in Newton part of Surrey. Very happy with their product and service also.
    To be honest i have not put it up by myself yet but could. Usually 2 of us at least. Easy and fast. I ordered poles short enough to always fit inside a 6.4ft shortbox.

Lol I have only ever used a wall tent once huge 16 x 24, external poles (logs) took us 2 of better part of an hour.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

I have a heavy older 14x16 with a 4 truss internal frame. Takes this old guy a half hour to set the tent and frame up. Then stake it down after that.

Hmmm a member from this site was set up slightly west of williams lake..I dropped by for a coffee. .I had a decent buck I had harvested earlier..these hunters had a delux wall tent..sponsor? It was amazing..highly recomended..actually one of the 2 best wall tents ihave looked at..as for set up time ? Dunno..it was set up..for oct moose, nov moose..cold seasons they are amazing..just hard to get out of the sleeping bag with a stove ..lol coffee eggs toast will eventually do it.
    I and Rolly set up Tims tent..took us 1 hour.
    Steven

Arrive in camp with a FULL truck full of gear... tent, frame, stove stove pipe, big tarp, stakes, cot, foamy, sleeping bag, coolers, table, chairs, bbq, propane stove, kitchen, Big battery DC water pump, hot water shower, LED lighting, firepit, hottub, set up cooler and genny, set up massage table call rubs-on-the-run, etc etc two guys three + hours then cut firewood for stove and camp fire, pour tequila
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."