Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Arm Roosevelt Elk

Indian River Roosevelt Elk - 2-08A

Hi All,

Just want to put it out there to start, this is not a "put in for a draw that I don't even know where it is" thread.

As usual this year, I checked my LEH and found I had drew for a goat tag I was hoping to pull, YES my years made, I get to do a hunt I really wanted to.

I log off and log into my old mans, and have to check twice to make sure I'm not imagining things but he drew the Indian River Bull Elk

Being from the lower mainland, this gives me great opportunity to put boots on the ground and start working as this will probably be his only opportunity at harvesting an elk and I want to make sure we make the most of it.

Now I've already reached out to some people who I know have experience with the tag and elk hunting(as I havent done alot) but I also wanted to post to the public if anyone was open to maybe shedding some light they have on the area or would be open to having a chat/PM me, it would be greatly appreciated and if theres any help I can give back, I will be sure to do so.

Cheers and goodluck to all this year!
    Last edited by porthunter; 07-02-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Indian Arm Roosevelt Elk

I was up there in the spring staying at the RVYC lodge right at the end. We went looking for them as we were told they hang out in the old soccer field right beside the clubhouse on the beach.

I had the first ever draw. Feel free to pm me with ur number thx

Sent you a PM

I've been up there but I wasn't looking for elk so can't help with that. Access though, the obvious is to take a boat up Indian arm but a lot of people don't realize you can come over the pass from Squamish and down onto the roads along the Indian River and right down to Indian Arm. Not with a truck mind you but a dirt bike for sure and maybe quads.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I've been up there but I wasn't looking for elk so can't help with that. Access though, the obvious is to take a boat up Indian arm but a lot of people don't realize you can come over the pass from Squamish and down onto the roads along the Indian River and right down to Indian Arm. Not with a truck mind you but a dirt bike for sure and maybe quads.
    Is that due to the washout?

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Is that due to the washout?
    When I last did that trail the road was blockeddown near Squamish. We got bikes by though. Been a few years actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I was last in there about 5 months ago and there were two other trucks in there although I imagine they must of beat on em pretty good doing it. There's 2 places where there boulders size of bowling balls. Like above says probably need a dirtbike or quad to get thru. Once in awhile they do a bit of grading so you might get lucky.

Thanks for the info guys!

Will definitely load up the ATV in the truck when I head out this weekend.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

I saw side by sides up there in may on the roads opposite Wigwam