Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-23 Moose numbers and Hunting

Re: 4-23 Moose numbers and Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    I see last year they gave out 32 tags. I assume the numbers are down the toilet as in the rest of BC.

BHB
    Bag a moose, starve a wolf, save a caribou?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

j270 is bang on, the last 5 years even at 30 plus draws a season the majority of people were not filling their moose tags,
    between the predators, the logging and the mining the numbers are in the tank. I have lived in Elkford since 1970 and cant believe how bad moose and ungulates
    in general are in trouble here. Good luck on you hunt with your cousin and by all means report back at how the hunt goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Stop writing your anti-hunting garbage.

And learn the meaning of "no" and "know".
    Sorry its not anti hunting.
    The OP said how much the allocations droped all that was said is one reason that may be why
    When on LEH if more is harvested in one season then they wanted the allowable permit numbers can be
    dropped the next year.
    If the ungulate numbers are as bad as some are saying then maybe should be no hunting in those areas
    every dead animal is a lose, but then one would have to believe in conservation and be concerned about the
    wildlife.
    But keep on with the attacks and hatred.
    Last edited by LBM; 07-03-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Calm down and read slowly. To bad your friend didn't get his moose, but others did.
    I wasnt upset so there is no need to calm down. I’m not trying to discourage the op or his cousin. Just telling him what the locals are seeing. Whether you believe it or not the moose population has plummeted over the last 10yrs just like the elk, except there hasn’t been a cow moose hunt in over 25yrs. Yes there are still moose in the valley and hunters will kill some bulls every yr but I’m willing to bet that the population has dropped by 75% I’ve the last 10yrs.

tough hunt can be done time spent out there crucial Buono fortuna
    bigben