Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my technique bad?

Re: Is my technique bad?

He is hitting the mark first few shots then strays to a high left grouping so likely changing his form. If he adjusts sights he will then be off at the start instead

yes if he is consistently grouping it’s a sight adjustment. I have seen new archers change form or get consistently sloppy after a few shots in the past

if the above is wrong I need to work on my reading comprehension but my arrows still fly straight

are you consistently missing at every distance? or is your missing getting larger and larger the further away you shoot?

I am shooting 6 arrows each time before pulling from target. Trying to strengthen up.
    Like Wildone indicated, you might just be getting sloppy.

I'd start by shooting the two and then grabbing them. Ten shoot two different arrows after a rest. If they are missing, try turning the knock on them. Take a rest then shoot again. If they are better shots then it could be just the arrows are little 'off'. Go on to the next two arrows and do the same after a good rest. Basically do you best to make sure your fatigue is not the problem.

Once you think you've got the arrows set up properly then take a day off.

Go back and start shooting them all at say 30 yds (20 might be too close if you are flinging 6 plus arrows because you might damage them). See if they are grouping better. At this point hopefully you've isolated the issue to the sight and not fatigue or badly tuned arrows.

At this point start shooting 5 or 6 arrows at a time and after 10 rounds you'll feel the burn.
    I just went through this process and my final issue was my rest. I did walk back tuning and discovered that I did not need to adjust my sight to fix me issues, that my issue was my rest.

Hope the ideas are useful. The good thing with my process is that I shot a lot and I really focused on form to make sure I wasn't the issue. Starting to shoot much better and I'm feeling strong on the draw and hold.

Have fun

Make sure you are anchoring consistently. If it is a newer bow could be some string stretch that could be causing your peep to rotate slightly. Adjust your d loop knot to compensate if it is twisting.

Get lessons, super important...was in hardcore last this weekend and they are great.

Make sure you are anchoring consistently. If it is a newer bow could be some string stretch that could be causing your peep to rotate slightly. Adjust your d loop knot to compensate if it is twisting.

Get lessons, super important...was in hardcore last this weekend and they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I am shooting 6 arrows each time before pulling from target. Trying to strengthen up.
    Like Wildone indicated, you might just be getting sloppy.

I'd start by shooting the two and then grabbing them. Ten shoot two different arrows after a rest. If they are missing, try turning the knock on them. Take a rest then shoot again. If they are better shots then it could be just the arrows are little 'off'. Go on to the next two arrows and do the same after a good rest. Basically do you best to make sure your fatigue is not the problem.

Once you think you've got the arrows set up properly then take a day off.

Go back and start shooting them all at say 30 yds (20 might be too close if you are flinging 6 plus arrows because you might damage them). See if they are grouping better. At this point hopefully you've isolated the issue to the sight and not fatigue or badly tuned arrows.

At this point start shooting 5 or 6 arrows at a time and after 10 rounds you'll feel the burn.
    I just went through this process and my final issue was my rest. I did walk back tuning and discovered that I did not need to adjust my sight to fix me issues, that my issue was my rest.

Hope the ideas are useful. The good thing with my process is that I shot a lot and I really focused on form to make sure I wasn't the issue. Starting to shoot much better and I'm feeling strong on the draw and hold.

Have fun
    Thanks for your reply. I will try this. My first few shots at 20 yards are on bullseye. Everything after is high left. Part of it is me slapping the release trigger, but I'm sure it's a lot of different form , anchor point and holding at full draw issues. I'm going to book a lesson at hardcore. I'm sure it will highlight all the weak areas and mistakes. Still fun shooting though.....kind of lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post

It's a used bowtech admiral. Probably 10 years old. One of the cans is leaning slightly too.