Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What’s everyone’s hunting setup?

Re: What’s everyone’s hunting setup?

Here's my hunting/fishing setup for when I'm with the family or when camping at road accessible campsites:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the setup my buddy and I had going last year for our August moose hunt:

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's my simple setup for when camping out of my pack:

[IMG][/IMG]

Awesome set up guys!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Here's my hunting/fishing setup for when I'm with the family or when camping at road accessible campsites:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the setup my buddy and I had going last year for our August moose hunt:

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's my simple setup for when camping out of my pack:

[IMG][/IMG]

Photo reminds me of a similar campsite north of Germansen.

We used a similar campsite(see photo below) since '68-first using tents.
    More than a handful of moose were shot in the area ahead of the swampy pond & 1/2 way up the mountain. The biggest moose we shot was less than 1km from the camp.
    LT & I just arrived the day before 9/11. At daybreak (9/11) I saw a cow moose with 2 very large calves. A short distance later saw a big timber wolf.

At daybreak saw a cow moose
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

^^^that's a beauty setup......

Had a ‘90 f150, but just got a ‘04 pathfinder that I’ll lift with a big bigger tires. Have a SO Cimarron with med stove that’s only seen a weekend trip in November so far.

Just starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I have a 10 x 12 wall tent with a second 10 x 12 frame that I drape a tarp over the whole thing with my wood stove. I also use a 10 x 10 Kodiak canvas tent for early-season and now we'll be using the seek out side Cimarron lightweight setup
    Good thread. I’m looking to get a Kodiak Canvas tent, why do you only use it for early season?

I'm going to buy a canvas tepee (bell tent), 13 feet in diameter. Put a small wood stove in it. They are cheap at $560. Great reviews and so much easier to set up than a wall tent. One centre pole and one door pole. Will be fine for 2 of us. Anyone have one of these, please feel free to share your experience.

I run a Kifaru 6 man tipi with a lite outdoors stove for fly in base camp. It’s great for 3 guys and gear. Make sure you have a liner in the tipi. Condensation can be an issue. We use msr hubba 3 and Hilley Anjan backpack tents for sheep. I also have a capital canvas hybrid wall tent with stove. Nylon walls and canvas roof. Going to use it for elk camp this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    Thought I’d switch it up from all the LEH questions. What’s everyone’s hunting setup for being in the bush? Either renting, camper , trailer etc. Just curious to why you chose your particular setup and why you like it?

Myself i I have a truck camper that I take with me. Just a basic unit , keeps me dry and warm with a pellet stove inside. I like that I can pretty much get anywhere with it , take off truck if I want to “road hunt” or explore new terrain. Tried adding a picture but said I couldn’t there was an error.

One thing id like to add or improve is the ability to take an ATV with me. Right now I spot and stalk hunt, so truck is base camp and hike from there. An ATV for myself would open up a lot more terrain to explore and better my chances when out hunting. So I would like to purchase a small trailer and atv in the near future to take with me on hunts.

So just interested in hearing everyone else's setup and what they like about it when hunting
    What kind of pellet stove do you have? I've never seen one that could be run off 12V or do you run a genny or inverter for 120V?

Sorry I don’t know how to upload from my iPhone. Pellet stove I meant wood burning stove. The inside is like 8”x8” usually burn little chunks of birch wood, gives off good heat burns long.