Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s everyone’s hunting setup?

What’s everyone’s hunting setup?

Thought I’d switch it up from all the LEH questions. What’s everyone’s hunting setup for being in the bush? Either renting, camper , trailer etc. Just curious to why you chose your particular setup and why you like it?

Myself i I have a truck camper that I take with me. Just a basic unit , keeps me dry and warm with a pellet stove inside. I like that I can pretty much get anywhere with it , take off truck if I want to “road hunt” or explore new terrain. Tried adding a picture but said I couldn’t there was an error.

One thing id like to add or improve is the ability to take an ATV with me. Right now I spot and stalk hunt, so truck is base camp and hike from there. An ATV for myself would open up a lot more terrain to explore and better my chances when out hunting. So I would like to purchase a small trailer and atv in the near future to take with me on hunts.

So just interested in hearing everyone else's setup and what they like about it when hunting

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What’s everyone’s hunting setup?

I just bought an Alaknak Tent from Cabela's, still need to buy a stove for it. I'm picking it up next weekend and will be working through my setup.

I've got a pickup, Honda 300 ATV and a good pair of boots to get me to where I want to go. Going to be a good year, with 3 of my kids getting there CORE this summer

I've used this wall tent for years for moose and deer hunting.Mostly late season deer hunting when it can get cold enough to freeze a deer almost solid over night.Keeps us warm with the wood stove.Easy to cook in.Feels like you are out hunting.

I use a 12X15 Walltent with an internal frame and a woodstove. I also use a 10X10 Costco Garage for a cookshack. Very comfy for up to 4 guys. Use pick-up, ATV and boots for transport. Haul the ATV in pick-up and have an 8' enclosed trailer for all other gear.

We usually stay in motels, but have a 12×14 wall tent and new Pioneer diesel heater I hope to begin using.

Also, older ranger and new utility trailer. No atv.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I have a 10 x 12 wall tent with a second 10 x 12 frame that I drape a tarp over the whole thing with my wood stove. I also use a 10 x 10 Kodiak canvas tent for early-season and now we'll be using the seek out side Cimarron lightweight setup

For fly in hunts..mountainhardware tent.....
    For non fly in..citation 27 fot TT...then 2019 Honda 500 Atv...so far been working well.
    Good idea on ATV..often put 20 kms just getting to area I want to hunt..and from base camp.maybe 5 areas to hunt.
    Srupp

I’m liking everyone’s different setups so far! From being a kid I always wanted a camper. My uncle started Bigfoot Campers and travel trailers. Actually the camper I have currently was made by my uncles son and is a one of a kind half ton truck camper.

Definitely will be purchasing an atv this year so I am able to get further into the backwoods Srupp

95 Coleman tent trailer for some hunts, and for hike in hunts, I got a Marmot Nitro 2P tent....

One of our favourites we call E-CAMP(named after Eve) for many years. North of Gang.

Deer & moose within easy walking distance. Even the wolves visit but never the bears although there are many in the area.
    The private toilet is about 120' away.

Our campfire always has a culvert band surrounded by large rocks/boulders with a steel pail full of water.
    It reflects considerable heat.

Northern Lite since '96 for Eve & I

LT's tent & campfire
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein