Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High end hunting watches

Re: High end hunting watches

I'm planning on picking up a garmin 66i. I don't quite understand why I'd need a watch. Not bagging on anyone. Just trying to figure out why the watch is more functional/useful than a handheld.

Be very careful the BCWF or WSS might want to ban the use of hunting watches. Hunters could use time wisely. Just a thought, happy shopping.

Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire is great
    It is a backup to my Garmin GPSMap 66i With BC Back Road Maps

Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger In The Woods View Post
    Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire is great
    It is a backup to my Garmin GPSMap 66i With BC Back Road Maps

How do you like that 66i? I'm about to pull the trigger. It's the xmas present i didn't get.

I also have the Suunto Core watch, I used to use it a lot more when my GPS did not have a built in Altimeter or Barometer, the Suunto Core worked great for this purpose.

I had to replace the watch band several times, the 3rd time I purchased a proper band from Suunto and it has been working fine now for the last 3 years.
    The battery life is not that great depending on how often you use the numerous features, I used to replace my battery every 4-6 months during heavy usage, thankfully replacing the battery is very easy to do.

I have a Garmin 66i and love it
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Been using Garmin watches for years now Fenix 2, Fenix 3, Fenix 5 and now i am at Fenix 5x Plus and I think its too much of a watch for me keep as back up to my 66i and would stick wit it for a while now, Strongly recommend Fenix 5 series not much difference if any from new 6 series and plus you can find amazing deals now on a 5 series now.
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Quote Originally Posted by cptnoblivious View Post
    I use a Casio Pathfinder (old now). Has the triple sensor, Compass, Barometer, Altimeter. ToughSolar same as the G-Shocks. Won't pair with a smartwatch or do any of that stuff, but just works and is light weight. I've beaten the crap out of it mountain biking etc, never had an issue.
    You too eh. I've had my PAW 2000 for a lot of years now. Long enough that I finally had to replace the solar battery. Beat the supreme shit out of it over the years, but it just keeps on working and still looks great. Stainless strap has never given me a problem. Excellent Old tech that works as as advertised.!!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    How do you like that 66i? I'm about to pull the trigger. It's the xmas present i didn't get.

I used all the previous versions of it, and love it when they combined In Reach with GPS Map I was sold
    I also picked up latest BBR Maps and everything works like charm, and I expected to use it for years to come...