Thread: MU 7 -11 Moose Bull LEH, Advice?

MU 7 -11 Moose Bull LEH, Advice?

I was fortunate enough to get an Bull Moose LEH for management unit 7-11. I have never hunted the area and any advice or constructive comments would truly be appreciated. I am considering hunting September 22 until Oct 2....is this not the height of the rut? Thanks guys....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: MU 7 -11 Moose Bull LEH, Advice?

yes that will be rut

Last week of September to first weeks October is considered to be the peak of the rut.
    they seem to be more vocal in cooler weather

Hunted 7-11 from the early 70's until the damn LEH came into effect....only luck twice in all the years since.

Use to be a guarantee if you could shoot straight!! Always did the first two weeks of October.

Your draw is a bit too early for me. when I am banking on the travel from the island I like the first 2 weeks of October. That said it doesn't mean your in trouble.... we hunted 7-11 a pile but it was years ago. we mostly hunted north 7-11 on the 11-12 border.. it was way less busy then down the south end.

if I was you I would hunt the top side,,, but that's cuz I have history there.... and learn to Call if you don't know how.. find a nice opening that is hard to get into ,,, but not impossible .. and sit and call.