Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ist Time Bison Draw

Re: Ist Time Bison Draw

Quote Originally Posted by bcmulie View Post
    Congrats on your draw. What are the dates for your hunt? I had a December draw a few years ago, so PM me if you'd like some additional info. The advice on the vitals being lower than expected is good advice. You may want to consider staying at Sikanni River Outfitters' lodge or cabins, assuming they are still offering those to residents. Mike Hammett passed away, so not sure if Dixie is trying to sell or still running the outfit. Snowmobiles will allow you to access more country than quads assuming there is snow. Be prepared for very cold weather, especially re getting your vehicle started at the end of the hunt! There's a steep hill on the access road in, so take chains if you want to be able to get back out. Good luck.
    Take what bcmulie says about the chains seriously. That hill is bad, you WILL need chains. And dont think 2 will do either. Bring 4

2012 when I was drawn for bison we went in by Lilly lake. I forgot tire chains....we had a big storm roll in and it snowed over 12” in 8-10hrs. We had a big hill with a hard left about 1/3rd of the way up and a hard right near the top. It’s a good thing no one was coming down....I used every inch of that hill, both ditches and every last rpm the old cummins had to get that truck and quad trailer to the top.

I had a successful hunt there last year, dates were dec 6th-20th. Any questions feel free to msg me.