Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-27 Takla Lake Area

7-27 Takla Lake Area

Drew a tag for 7-27 Moose. Really excited for a big trip and exploring some of that country. Was hoping for some direction on some general areas in that MU to start and branch out from. The north end of the lake looks like nice country but not sure about access and any issues with locals etc... We are planning on the last week of September for about 10 days to allow us time to figure out some areas. Would love to hear from anyone that has been in there about any issues or things they would recommend for that area as I have never been there. Feel free to shoot me a PM as well! Thanks and appreciate any info on that area!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-27 Takla Lake Area

talk to takla lol...he knows the area well.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    talk to takla lol...he knows the area well.
    Haha... with a handle like that I should probably send him a nice bottle and bribe him for some advice!

yes he likes rum i do beleive.

he was on the coast hes in the okanagan shushwap know...and probably bear hunting today.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    yes he likes rum i do beleive.

he was on the coast hes in the okanagan shushwap know...and probably bear hunting today.
    Perfect! I can pay it forward in liquid... I’ll send him a PM. Anyone else with any experience in that area that is willing to help steer in the right direction would be awesome and appreciated!

Just a little reminder I will add, I ran into a bit of trouble with the locals of takla landing the year before last. Only verbal, but the message was clear. If (when) I was to go again, I would have a couple trail cams set up on my camp, and maybe booby traps too, sugar in a can of gas and such ( I hate thieves )

That info is for anyone heading into that country.

Ill send a pm your way on a spot Iv seen a few moose SF.

Yes my parents had some trouble in 7-26 once..

Had some stuff stolen up there. Lots of night hunting witnessed while I was there.

Thanks for the info, I’ve heard there can be some issues up that way but am hoping that we don’t run into any bs.... anyone been near the northern end of that mu ? North end of takla lake and around the driftwood river? Any pm’s on anything 7-27 appreciated! Hope to come up with a plan in the next few weeks

I hunting 7-27 last year and will be going back again this year, My dad and I went from the babine side and took the barge across the lake. Lots of logging, other hunters, and land burnt from forest fires. We were there 10 days, saw 5 cows and 1 calf. Had no trouble with any locals in that area, as it is alot harder for them to get to that area. Its possible but its a LONG drive.