Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camp generators... Sportsmans?

camp generators... Sportsmans?

So does anyone have anything other than a Honda? I know they are the best but I am just looking for something that works.

I just need something for a little chest freezer to keep meat cold at camp so I don't really want to spend $1000 for a honda. I have been looking at these and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sportsman generators.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sportsma...2085/300792167

2. Site Sponsor

Re: camp generators... Sportsmans?

You should check how many amps the freezer draws ..... I have a little Honda and it doesn't do more than run a few lights as it has a 5 amp max .
    I haven't tried it on a fridge or freezer .

I can run my chest freezer with my vehicle inverter but the truck needs to be running so this little 800W unit should have the guts to do it.

remember you get what u pay for

Hmmm recently sold my older Honda 1800 watt...
    At recent fishing 9 generators. .100 % honda..hmmmmm
    My new genny...honda 2200i generator..light, fuel effiecient..and eco mode..sips fuel. .highly recomended
    Powers 1400 watt microwave...
    Cheers
    Srupp

I personally love my honda and highly recomend them but i have 4 friends that are running BE brand generators for the last few years and they're great. worth a serious look and its quieter than my honda

https://www.bepowerequipment.com/inverters
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

NEW-Generator Cummins Onan P1700i ! (May 2008 thread)
    Just ordered the P1700- (an addition to our Honda 2000).
    Costco price $735(limited time) –now that is a bargain IMO. The unit is made in JAPAN(not in “you know where”) by ROBIN-SUBARU .

The Honda is hard to beat. The P1700 was about 1/ 2 the price & used as a backup with no problems.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I have a Yamaha 2700, bought it used off craigslist.
    It was owned by a bike racer who used it at the race track to keep his tires warm.
    Sat over the winter with a 1/4 tank of gas in my old motor home in the Cariboo.
    In the spring it started on the firs pull, by the way I only use Chevron premium gas in it.
    Buy one that's made in Japan and you won't regret it.
    I know Honda is most popular, but over rated IMO and most made in China.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

My little cambodian tire unit was $199 on sale half dozen years ago. Much to my surprise it still runs just fine!

If you read how long the genny is EPA compliant off the sticker, you get a very good idea of the quality. When I got ours, the longest time was Yami.