Thread: The adventure begins!

The adventure begins!

Some of you have been following my posts over the last six months or so as a BC resident friend and I worked on putting together a Permit to Accompany Hunt. As a high school teacher, I am limited to big game seasons during my summer break so we settled on a late August mountain goat hunt as the goal of choice.

Today the email arrived that confirmed our mountain goat hunt in late August in 6-14, 6-16, and 6-18. To say I am excited is an understatement.

Lots of planning to get to - but that just builds the anticipation. Thanks for those the site who have helped with their feedback about appropriate rifle choice, etc. in the build up of this process.

A mountain hunt has been something I've dreamed about since I was a little kid. I've spent a tonne amount of time over the past 20 years in the Alberta/BC/Yukon backcountry paddling, skiing, climbing, backpacking, etc. - but hunting has always been out of reach until now due to residency rules.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The adventure begins!

Congrats!! Really looking forward to the story and pics

I moved to B.C. 30 years ago and still remember my first mountain hunt and it too was for goats.
    Have a great hunt and get good boots!

Good luck!
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach