Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ways to consearve wildlife and still enjoy the hunt so we dont wipe it all out.

Wink ways to consearve wildlife and still enjoy the hunt so we dont wipe it all out.

Dont leave the couch and watch Jim Shockeys hunting adventures..
    Last edited by pro 111; 06-30-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ways to consearve wildlife and still enjoy the hunt so we dont wipe it all out.

sounds like somebody is too chesp to buy a good scope..

Re: ways to consearve wildlife and still enjoy the hunt so we dont wipe it all out.

I agree I don't see the point in shooting an animal from 700 plus meters away. You don't know what is around it and what could be in the way. It's not for me

If we want to continue to hunt we all need to make an effort to hunt predators. Long range shots is the least of our worries.

I’m still new to hunting but of the 7 animals I’ve harvested 110 yards is my farthest shot. I enjoy getting as close as I can before the pulling the trigger. I’ve shot 4 animals under 20 yards and only 1 of those was with a bow.

Our wildlife declines aren’t from long range hunters. There have been multiple threads discussing/debating our wildlife issues in depth.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Your right . It s just one of many things. I posted this for more of a debate to see what most people thought about long range hunting in general..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Our wildlife declines aren’t from long range hunters. There have been multiple threads discussing/debating our wildlife issues in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    sounds like somebody is too chesp to buy a good scope..
    No actually i bin looking at my collection of long range shit getting more complex . and my trophy wall getting smaller cause i spend all my time shooting it instead of hiking off my fat ass looking for a new spot to hunt. lol . Was way more fun 20 years ago with the old 270 and a bushnell elite . LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    If we want to continue to hunt we all need to make an effort to hunt predators. Long range shots is the least of our worries.
    Agreed . Keep the long range junk for the predators. Thats where they belong.

I'd say this.
    Keep the shows for long range coyote/wolves and target shooting.
    Get rid of the elk hunts with 1000 yard shots!

That being all said, many people might try a shot like that in their lifetime, some more than others, while others will never try it, but for most folks,
    no matter how much they spent on gear and gizmos, they still wouldn't hit a barn out to that far!!

The average guy at the range, and I am talking almost 80% are just happy if their shots hit around a 6" circumference, and that's at 100 yards!!
    Now throw in buck/bull fever, and more likely shitty rest, good luck outside of 200m for many.