Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: LEGAL or ILLEGAL: A thread to sharpen each other through debate.

Re: LEGAL or ILLEGAL: A thread to sharpen each other through debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    New question: Hunting upland or ducks with a dog working the bush or lookin for ducks. A deer walks out of the bush within range and in season. You load a slug and shoot the deer....according to letter of the law a dog must be on leash when hunting big game but can be off leash for hunting birds, waterfowl or any of the hound hunting species.
    What do you all think?
    Lol before you point the gun at the deer leash him up, as soon as you start firing at birds again let him loose..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Lol your a good friend you did all the work for him heck I'd throw you a steak maybe lol..
    heheheh....we are split everything hunting buddies anyway....i got mine later that evening almost at camp...it was a trip where we actually both had game, still had a few days left, weather was perfect for hanging and got to end the hunting with some nice relaxing camping/sitting around the fire....very sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    New question: Hunting upland or ducks with a dog working the bush or lookin for ducks. A deer walks out of the bush within range and in season. You load a slug and shoot the deer....according to letter of the law a dog must be on leash when hunting big game but can be off leash for hunting birds, waterfowl or any of the hound hunting species.
    What do you all think?
    i’d say Illegal. You brought big game loads with you as well as a big game license for the intention of shooting big game if it appeared while you were hunting birds with your dog.

What about having a rifle in the truck in case you see a bear in a cutblock while your on your way to an area to bowhunt in early season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    What about having a rifle in the truck in case you see a bear in a cutblock while your on your way to an area to bowhunt in early season?
    Absolutly legal
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Mutter87, you are required to carry all tags even cancelled ones with you at all times when hunting in BC, small game or big. And carrying a gun for everything thats in season is not illegal. Saying that, I would agree having a dog offleash and shooting a deer is letter of the law illegal, just wanted to pose a unique situation that I have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
    i’d say Illegal. You brought big game loads with you as well as a big game license for the intention of shooting big game if it appeared while you were hunting birds with your dog.
    I occasionally carry both bird and deer loads when I hunt with my dog. If he’s with me, I’m hunting birds, but if I see a deer a couple of hundred yards away and the dog has NOT aided in helping me see it, I’ll leash him up and switch gears.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    Absolutly legal
    Thanks. Tomorrow is one of those occasions

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    heheheh....we are split everything hunting buddies anyway....i got mine later that evening almost at camp...it was a trip where we actually both had game, still had a few days left, weather was perfect for hanging and got to end the hunting with some nice relaxing camping/sitting around the fire....very sweet
    Gotta love those trips..

Very good thread, keep 'em coming!