Thread: Spirit of a Sheep Hunter

Spirit of a Sheep Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQ29UByFqI

Not sure if this video has been posted here yet but wow. Probably the finest Sheep Hunting video I have seen on youtube. It's a long one but it makes me feel like getting off my ass and into the mountains tomorrow morning if I could. I am not a sheep hunter yet. I always dream about getting back in there and giving it my best. Just watching this video has got me wound up and ready to plan my first adventure after the elusive Ovis dalli.

Hope some others can watch this and feel the same. Or maybe the experienced guys can watch and chime in with their thoughts. I know its long but I urge you to sit down and enjoy.

Cheers

Credit to: Billy Molls Adventures

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spirit of a Sheep Hunter

Watched this a few weeks ago, very good film. All of Billy Molls productions are very well done. Pure, real hunting, no BS

Very enjoyable, emotional, satisfying..
    Srupp

Great video. Very real
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

these guys got a hell of a budget. Top notch gear and plane shuttling between spike and main camp. badass!

I always think how i'm gonna film a hunt, but then it always ends up being tiring enough to just get around the high country, let alone work a camera. Kudos to those who pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    these guys got a hell of a budget. Top notch gear and plane shuttling between spike and main camp. badass!

I always think how i'm gonna film a hunt, but then it always ends up being tiring enough to just get around the high country, let alone work a camera. Kudos to those who pull it off.
    Haha no shit eh. I was wondering that when they flew between camps mid hunt.

I too have tried filming early season alpine hunts. It's tough when you already have soo much gear and hunting on your mind let alone trying to film it.

Yeah I've decided keeping my eyes on the glass and looking for the biggest buck I can find is way more important than trying to film the journey. Forget that.

Rather have a good pic of a big buck on the ground than a good film clip of me in the high country while he runs away.

I never was a big fan of videoing, more concentrated on the task at hand. However a couple friends of mine whom I hunt with, non-hunters themselves have videoed 2 of our bison hunts and our last sheep hunt. I tell ya, awesome they did, get to relive those memories whenever you want. Goat hunt planned this year and already talking equipment to pack along for filming. Highly recommend it, or having someone else do it so you don’t miss anything!

That was prettty awesome. definitly got the heart pumping at the end.