Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spike fork bulls (MOOSE)

Re: Spike fork bulls (MOOSE)

Not sure why most give people a hard time when they ask a question? Yes, you can look up most answers simply by googling or looking up the regs. At least he’s asking the question and learning, now when the time hopefully comes it won’t be an issue

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”

Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Reading and comprehending the BC hunting regulations should be a mandatory part of the CORE program
    Pretty sure it is

Just one thing to add here ab3. Yes, no more than 2 tines on one antler. But if you see a bull with say one side to be quite large and with several points but the other side with seemingly a spike or maybe 2 tines, be sure the animal did not loose part of his antler in a fight. A bull can have part of his antler brake off as a result of a fight with another bull and so this bull would not be considered legal under the 2 tine rule. Good hunting and great question!
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdon View Post
    Just one thing to add here ab3. Yes, no more than 2 tines on one antler. But if you see a bull with say one side to be quite large and with several points but the other side with seemingly a spike or maybe 2 tines, be sure the animal did not loose part of his antler in a fight. A bull can have part of his antler brake off as a result of a fight with another bull and so this bull would not be considered legal under the 2 tine rule. Good hunting and great question!
    wrong, fake news

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdon View Post
    That is incorrect. Just make sure the broken off antler isn't too fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    That is incorrect. Just make sure the broken off antler isn't too fresh.
    Yup, or you are going to have some explaining to do (rich ricardo!)

A busted tine is what can disqualify a 6x5 bull elk if he broke that tine off of the 6 pointed antler side!
    But can make a bull moose qualify.

In the end I'm glad I asked the question. The back and forth on some of the posts has provided a better window into understanding what does and doesn't qualify. Real world examples/pics have also been great. I am in a more informed position now than I was before and if one has to suffer thru a bit of crap to be a more informed and educated hunter it's worth it in my opinion.
    Last edited by ab3; 06-27-2019 at 04:29 PM.

reminder....a calf with spikes is not a legall imature bull.

Quote Originally Posted by ab3 View Post
    In the end I'm glad I asked the question. The back and forth on some of the posts has provided a better window into understanding what does and doesn't qualify. Real world examples/pics have also been great. I am in a more informed position now than I was before and if one has to suffer thru a bit of crap to be a more informed and educated hunter it's worth it in my opinion.
    Well, if you can be a duck and let the water roll off your back, than you qualify to be a "long time member of HBC".
    We all have been in the soup at some point.

Just some more than others.