Thread: Drawn odds

Drawn odds

All that anticipation and didn't get drawn! Its like waiting for Christmas morning only to be told no presents this year! What a piss off.. On to bigger and better things.. the GOS! I love planning for hunts and cyber scouting maps and info. There is life beyond LEH!

Anyways.. I was wondering why they don't tell you the odds of the LEH you apply for when you are unsuccessful like they do when you win, makes zero sense. I emailed the LEH center and requested the drawn odds for this year and they gave them to me! My son didn't get his antlerless draw at 1.2:1 odds so I was really curious what it was (1.3:1 this year) So if you want to know this year's drawn odds just send them an email for your chosen draws.

Email: LimitedEntry.Hunting@gov.bc.ca

Also, please request that the LEH Office provides odds on unsuccessful draws as well as successful! I'm sure its not that hard to change at their end and if enough people request it I'm sure they will change it.
    Last edited by Cdog; 06-26-2019 at 02:41 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Drawn odds

Maybe they should start to show how many of the same applicants win repeatedly year after year??
    I know talked to 6 others I know personally, and nobody got squat.
    Not even a doe tag that 2 different guys put in and the odds were really low (neither won it last year either??)
    hmmmmmm.

I get why some win multiple tags because they apply for some tough hunts no one else applies for.
    But repeated winners while others don't after several years for the same hunt with reasonable odds to win makes no sense.

I'm with you BugleMIn, made a local here show me his results because I was doubing his draw claims, confirmed get this -
    he entered 3-3 person shared Moose hunts in two different regions - all three of his shared hunts drew 2 moose = 6 moose available to him - 4 from 1 region!
    Also drew Granby Ram - bucket lister for me arghh lucky dawg!!
    Also drew Turkey -
    Last year he drew Bison in spatsizi (ok) and Elk in Princeton?
    States has been entering LEH for approx 30 years with no prior success
    Congrats to him but wow
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    I'm with you BugleMIn, made a local here show me his results because I was doubing his draw claims, confirmed get this -
    he entered 3-3 person shared Moose hunts in two different regions - all three of his shared hunts drew 2 moose = 6 moose available to him - 4 from 1 region!
    Also drew Turkey -
    Congrats to him but wow
    You can't enter more than 1 hunt for the same species.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Also drew Turkey -
    Congrats to him but wow
    You have been bamboozled !

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    All that anticipation and didn't get drawn! Its like waiting for Christmas morning only to be told no presents this year! What a piss off.. On to bigger and better things.. the GOS! I love planning for hunts and cyber scouting maps and info. There is life beyond LEH!
    Once you just accept there is no Santa it will be much easier for you!!.....20yrs since last got any LEH gifts.

My son and I always pick a draw with high odds of succeding, the LEH we got this year for moose ended up 0.7:1.
    It is a November hunt and probably not the best place you would pick but it is a dam LEH. Yes most years we get a draw. So for the people who go for years with no draw maybe it is time to change your expectations.
    Buffalo, 15 years and no go but I expect that with the odds the way they are.

I don't think folks here are surprised if they are not drawn for an leh.
    I think what surprises some, like me, is whan some seem to win the same hunt, even after their odds are lowered due to previous wins and yet still
    get them.
    Doesn't surprise me to hear that the odd multi year winner happens.
    Just sounds like it happens more than it should, imo? (on high odd hunts).

Maybe the Canucks should ask the NHL to incorporate the safe software the ministry is using to pick leh winners.
    We might actually get 3 or 4 consecutive years of 1st pick over all!!