Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just joined the site to ask for help

Re: Just joined the site to ask for help

Hmmm I enjoy helping folks with their hunting.living here for so many years, hunting..flying the area in choppers for work..wearing out truvks, quads and boots.
    I have recieved lots of help from members here ..so far 11 hunters have contacted me regarfing bear, deer, sheep and moose for 2019 hunting season..no I did not get a draw..GRRRRRRRR however others did..
    How would I like to be treated ? If it was me needing some information...
    Congrads to those successful..lets try and help them make their hunt a success.
    Cheers
    Srupp

There's probably a lot of people that are just like me and my partners that put in for areas we don't necessarily know but upon getting a draw we will get to know it and put in the time and effort to get it done. If you can help, you might as well. It's pretty hard to know every area of the province.

I think its funny.. i just SMH (shake my head) when its their first choice, with no research, different story if its like the old days of "if i am not drawn for my 2 options i would take anything you offer"... those days of plentiful authorizations are long gone
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I pick a draw based on species and odds. If I get it I'll figure out how to hunt it, if not, I won't.

Doesn't strike me as odd at all when people request an area they have never been to.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

It is a little difficult if your living on Vancouver island to know an area for moose before you apply. If you live in the interior and are applying in your back yard it is easy for you. I doubt very much that a guy that lives in PG is going to have great knowledge of Rosie elk areas. Helping each other out is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

I just checked ... it was THE first thread you posted. Talk about hypocrisy.

Here is his thread..... asking for help in his first head on HBC:
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...aw-help-please
    Cameron, you just got served nicely dude

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I don't think this is infighting. I think there are some good points and jabs. Some facts, some not. I knew it would stir the pot and a good banter is healthy. Good for a few laughs as well.
    I like how you can roll with it...good on ya.

Of course. Been chuckling all day. I am not surprised. There have been some funny ones. My cheeks are sore!

Some folks on HBC over the years earn folks respect in many forms.
    A member like Srupp is rare, but his presence on HBC is much appreciated by everyone who knows him here.
    He helps the best he can which allows this lifestyle to carry on and helps many folks get started into hunting.

I don't expect anyone to help anyone, and is not expected, but there is a reason some members stand above everyone else.
    I guess as we get older we get less competitive knowing that some of our best days are behind us.

To the new comers, don't expect to be helped out, as most did the work themselves.
    But really appreciate the times someone has helped out, and "pay it forward".

I've got no problem with someone joining to try to get info for a hunt, join up ask away all good in my books. Obviously anyone with a brain cell will know that they'll probably get a lot better info if they contribute some posts first, but its the internet do what you want. Lots of folks have come here green as spring grass asking for advice and have turned in to pretty good hunters and long time regular contributors to HBC, just sayin.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this