Thread: Just joined the site to ask for help

Threaded View

Re: Just joined the site to ask for help

I’m a “new” member to HBC but not a new person to hunting. It takes some real skill to be a master at all game species.... I’m proficient at every bird and deer...catching onto this elk hunting game. Moose, goat, sheep, bison never have I ever, but you gotta start one day. I put in for the gambit expecting not to hit a single one but knowing if it did it would become my life. What do you know I got a goat draw... arguably the hardest to hunt (besides maybe bison). Have I been watching hunting shows most my life, yes. Do I know what to expect, it’s gonna be a grind. Am I going to learn everything I can about the unit I drew, you bet. Do I already have scouting trips plan yes (...we’ll see how that works with currently 5 wk old twins) Am I going to ask for help and tips from y’all...already have some via PM’s of guys who’ve hunted my unit before. What I’m getting at is I think we should all help if we can. Yes how one goes about asking for help good be a bit refined at times I’ve noticed. I helped a guy hunt turkeys this spring (amongst others who did) and I’ve never hunted BC for turkeys. (I have now and bagged a Tom in 30min this season coolest turkey hunt ever). Dude I helped where I could got a bird and now he’s hooked on hunting. We need more hunters period. So help if you can but keep to yourself if you don’t want to, it looks bad when you start blasting a new hunter for trying.

PS I drew the 3-33A goat for anyone that wants to team up, trade notes, give tips, or share success Nov 1st. I’ll be hiking past shoulder units and will share what I see for those that drew adjacent. I have a Pointing lab we can go hunt upland or ducks with and I love to hunt turkeys. Love fly fishing and tie my own. I’m also good at buying a beer or two.
    Last edited by avidnwoutdoorsman; 06-25-2019 at 10:21 PM.