Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just joined the site to ask for help

Just joined the site to ask for help

I can't believe how many guys have just joined because they got an LEH! These people will not get my help and knowledge except for to find a dirt road and look around. Try contributing first as there are many good guys on here.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Just joined the site to ask for help

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I can't believe how many guys have just joined because they got an LEH! These people will not get my help and knowledge except for to find a dirt road and look around. Try contributing first as there are many good guys on here.
    Sounds like someone didnt get his LEH.

The last thing the hunting community needs right now is more infighting.

Join, and ask away. Lots of us willing to help first time posters

good thing there are knowledgeable people here that don’t mind offering help that will make up for it

Have to admit it does bother me when someone puts in for and gets a LEH for a area they no nothing about. I don't understand why some research isn't done prior

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Have to admit it does bother me when someone puts in for and gets a LEH for a area they no nothing about. I don't understand why some research isn't done prior

People put in for LEH where they think they could get it, not where they know the area.
    Most people don't know most areas.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Sounds like someone didnt get his LEH.

The last thing the hunting community needs right now is more infighting.

Join, and ask away. Lots of us willing to help first time posters
    You are right, I never got an leh but that actually doesn't bother me at all. I put in high odds draws that I do not expect to get. So, thinking this is being about being disgruntled couldn't be further from the truth. I have been fortunate to get my bison and have him on the wall and if that is the last draw I get, I am good. Now don't get me going on a grizzly draw. Lol. I know that I am not alone in my thinking and I don't mind sharing. This is just a friendly debate.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

I just checked ... it was THE first thread you posted. Talk about hypocrisy.

Here is his thread..... asking for help in his first head on HBC:
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...aw-help-please
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 06-25-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Fair enough,
    I like to help whoever I can. This usually comes back in a good way and for me. Its opened a network of connections I can tap into when I need some advice on an area or info.

And when it comes to LEH, not many of us have the luxury of being able to scout before the hunt. Can you fault anyone for tapping into any resource that may increase their sodds of success? So I say why not help the guy that gets the draw. What do we unsuccessful LEH applicants have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

I just checked ... it was THE first thread you posted. Talk about hypocrisy.
    Now that is funny sh!t right here ^^

Pretty simple when it comes to giving people information if you want to pass on knowledge do so if you want to keep it to yourself it’s your choice. I can be helpful but I don’t give up all my secrets and at times I choose not to help certain people

The one thing about HBC is you can always look into another member and what they have posted, so careful where one treads, imo.
    As far as the LEH and not knowing the area, I have also wondered about it and why folks have no knowledge etc.
    But than again, if odds are better in some areas or it's a special hunt like Bison or Rosie's etc, I get why many may not know the area.
    I think it's best to help folks out, especially on LEH.
    Last year a young couple I ran into in the EK had a LEH any bull moose tag.
    Well, I had walked into a really mature bull a few hours before.
    Irony was I ran into them soon afterwards.
    Basically gave them the gps co-ordinates you could say to start looking.
    They were happy as hell (hope they got).
    Otherwise it might have been poached or traditionally taken.
    So why not.

Help each other out.
    I know some here helped me with my buddies son and a Pitt lake Elk Draw.
    And due to their help, they were successful!