Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just joined the site to ask for help

Re: Just joined the site to ask for help

270.... that was some funny ass shizz right there.

Lots of high odds areas have low odds success rates.

I applied for a Goat draw one time , in an area I didn't know anything about. Looked at lots of maps and we thought , yeah , we can do that. Got the draw , made our plans and headed out. Didn't work out. So we had taken away another hunters chances , with our ignorance. Maybe someone who knew the area and had a fool proof plan to get his trophy. Now I never apply for a draw in some area that I do not know anything about , or at least, am going to be there hunting with someone, who knows the area. (and has recommended it to me).
    On another note , what do you thing of our fellow hunters that apply for draws to "save" a doe or cow? And never intend to hunt if they get
    drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    I applied for a Goat draw one time , in an area I didn't know anything about. Looked at lots of maps and we thought , yeah , we can do that. Got the draw , made our plans and headed out. Didn't work out. So we had taken away another hunters chances , with our ignorance. Maybe someone who knew the area and had a fool proof plan to get his trophy. Now I never apply for a draw in some area that I do not know anything about , or at least, am going to be there hunting with someone, who knows the area. (and has recommended it to me).
    On another note , what do you thing of our fellow hunters that apply for draws to "save" a doe or cow? And never intend to hunt if they get
    drawn.
    Some good points there. Personally, I would like to see no leh for any female animal. I have given that Avenue some thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I can't believe how many guys have just joined because they got an LEH! These people will not get my help and knowledge except for to find a dirt road and look around. Try contributing first as there are many good guys on here.
    So you win a long shot, once in a lifetime draw that no one in their right minds would bank on getting again and you wouldn't help the next guy with info you learned from your hunt, or you have local knowledge and you wouldn't help someone be successful? Hell I would be willing to take someone out on their "Kamloops Sheep Draw" just to be a part of the experience or pass along some info if I had some just to get a picture of the animal they harvested.

And you only have 461 posts in 8 years...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

You know, that young couple I helped with info on where I saw the Moose....
    When I told them, you should have seen the look on their face!
    They were actually dumbfounded and in shock, like a deer in the headlights!

Then later the same day, 2 locals came in that I had never seen before.
    After talking for a bit, and seeing he had some knowledge of many areas in the vicinity etc. I asked if he was a member on HBC.
    He said "No", and that he was "too secretive" to share.
    So, there you go, 2 different camps on it.

But than again, if that is how the "new members" wish to go forward, and one day become the old members etc, than might as well just go to FB
    and post your pics and look at pics of success.

Whats the point if you cant "share"????

Lol, just bumped his first thread for laughs.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Interesting topic. We all have our limit on what we are willing to share with others. Especially people we don’t know well. I struggle with internet sharing as I’m sure many others do as well. I would strongly urge anyone asking for help or advice on the internet to really do their own homework as well, then add it to the information received by the generosity of other hunters. Nothing worth having should come easily.....

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

I just checked ... it was THE first thread you posted. Talk about hypocrisy.

Here is his thread..... asking for help in his first head on HBC:
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...aw-help-please
    God that made me laugh lol, I'll admit I do complain when people ask without trying themselves but atleast I'm not a hypocrite about it and just put the boots to the ground ahah

What a fun day of laughs. Honestly haven't laughed this hard for a while. I love the bandwagoner's and still stand by my statement as my post was from 8 years ago. The nice thing about getting older is that views can change and you evolve as time goes on. If you dish it out, you gotta take it too. Thanks for the PM's as well. I can't remember the last time my cheeks were this sore. Like water on a duck's back, roll as it goes.