Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just joined the site to ask for help

Re: Just joined the site to ask for help

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    What a fun day of laughs. Honestly haven't laughed this hard for a while. I love the bandwagoner's and still stand by my statement as my post was from 8 years ago. The nice thing about getting older is that views can change and you evolve as time goes on. If you dish it out, you gotta take it too. Thanks for the PM's as well. I can't remember the last time my cheeks were this sore. Like water on a duck's back, roll as it goes.
    A swing and a miss ..no sale.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

What grinds my gears about the OP and many other threads that started the day after LEH was released is that anyone can be giving you information, good or bad. Researcher and due diligence is key. For me it's done the year prior to putting in for the draw in any given area. I see it all the time people putting in for animals in areas that they have no idea what it takes. Many of these places are fairly remote, 2-3 days drive. How many bison tags go unused every year because someone doesn't understand what kind of undertaking a bison hunt is and the gear that's required. Or how many goat or sheep draws get wasted for the same reason. What's the hurt in doing your part in research a year in advance before getting your self into a bad situation. Not every part of the province is as easily accessible as others.

Just my .02

What I would like to see from all the big shots is for them to post on here all of their prime hunting spots. Giving your mediocre spot advice to beginners isn't much better than telling them to find a dirt road. Finding area isn't hard and I was naive enough 8 years ago not to know that. I live life to laugh and it's all good. I will still wake up laughing in the morning. But come on big shots, put your good spots up for HuntBc for all to see or don't think helping someone into a crap area is doing something that you should pat your back about. I know there are a lot of good guys on here but I bet most won't help as much as they claim they would.
    Last edited by cameron0518; 06-25-2019 at 08:59 PM.

I joined this site to learn more about hunting as i think most here did. several years later and a few thousand posts... gotta start somewhere
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Hmmm many moons ago I decieded on a late season elk draw..knew nothing about the area. .so asked some folks from a hunting site about hunting elk in january near Dawson Creek..no experience in the area or january hunting Sitka Spruce and others gave me solid advice..got a nice elk.
    Got a toothache..see a dentist
    Got a headache . see a Dr.
    Have a question about hunting...ask a local hunter
    The trick..is to get a draw..win a tag...that can take..33 years in some cases..
    One year in advance...hell you still may be waiting in a decade..
    In 1 year..fires..closures..logging...land claims and conflicts..lots can change...always does..
    Yes absolutely due dilligence...do your homework...when that is done. ..does it conflict or match competent honest local knowledge..
    Its not 1 or tge other its both if possible..
    Never ever drew a bison tag..but when I do I have no problem asking those that went before me..what might help me in my quest...
    Recently I went fly fishing..couldnt lift my 9.9 hp motor out of the truck..asked a guy for help..he told me to pound sand. .if you cant do this..lifting a 100 pound motor I shouldnt be there..nor expect help..several guys jumped in to help.
    Its ok to need help..its ok to ask for help..however you should be doing your own digging..checking..map work..
    Between williams lake and horsefly..1 hour drive...moose can be found every single kilometer of that drive...from time to time..however there are areas that always hold moose from sept till..late oct..when they hit the wintering areas..concentrated areas perhaps 10 kilometers away.
    I spent 3 years trying to catch salmon in the Atnarko river..I just repeated my mistakes over and over..close? Yes but no cigar
    Warren Nichols grampa..Mr.Ed Gerow..spent 2 entire days. .fine tuning my attempts..untill I caught my first spring salmon..years later I spent 2 days tying on new hooks..fine tuning the attempts by a rookie salmon fisherman in the exact same location..the new fisherman..? My aged Father..I will never forget that smile as he caught..played..landed his first ever salmon. .all because skills..locations..how to was passed along payed it forward. .lwill always pay it forward...its how we learn..how we pass this hunting heritage forward..to the next generation and their children.
    They are getting out there trying...doing their best. .as will so many from this site...helping those willing to help themselves..
    Good luck to all those who head out with LEH..or GOS hunting plans.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Boy you can write Srupp. Obviously your intentions are always good. Much respect given

well said Steven. many folks appreciate your helpfulness.

Hmmm some grumpy hunters..lol..when I read the above. .I laugh..couple bear hunters this year..yup places that hold big bears..one missed a hog..6.5 foot bear..I ensure I show them where my meat pole is from my hunting there..I dont go to mediocre places I go to places I think through experience..research..talking with loggers etc that gives me the best chances at success .
    Never even occurred to me that anyone would give less than their best help.
    If you think that way...then your own counsel is the best advice you will get..
    Srupp

Good post steven
    i too like helping people out with leh areas only though
    i have put in for the sheep tag in penticton without ever going there
    sure as shit we were lucky enough to get that tag three years out of five years trying
    during the first hunt if it were not for people helping me I would probably not have gotten that ram
    now I will help anyone who gets that tag
    Maybe we should start a thread to see what areas and species people are willing to help with

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    What I would like to see from all the big shots is for them to post on here all of their prime hunting spots. Giving your mediocre spot advice to beginners isn't much better than telling them to find a dirt road. Finding area isn't hard and I was naive enough 8 years ago not to know that. I live life to laugh and it's all good. I will still wake up laughing in the morning. But come on big shots, put your good spots up for HuntBc for all to see or don't think helping someone into a crap area is doing something that you should pat your back about. I know there are a lot of good guys on here but I bet most won't help as much as they claim they would.
    I have given people some pretty exact location through PM and have also received the same from others. I am not talking a fsr anyone can drive down either. Vague advice is common but in depth information does go around

Don’t think I am a big shot but I do laugh my ass off how some are offered by someone asking for advice. It’s not like they asked to sleep with your wife or would that be more except able

Like I posted earlier no one is obligated to give any information on any level.