Thread: Wolves in town

Wolves in town

Can’t say I’m really surprised,we already have numerous cougar sightings and bears,but my neighbour showed me a very clear unmistakable picture of a wolf,right in Blenkinsop valley across from Mt Doug.This is ALR,lots of small holdings with livestock so obviously this wolf found his own honey hole.Its taking sheep and lambs and with plenty of deer ,fawns are all over the place .The CO has positively identified it, but there’s not much they can do,wolves are unlikely to come to a live trap,and with the politically correct people,killing it would create an uproar( this is Victoria ,home of the wolf lovers,bunny lovers and pretty much everything else )Oh well ,Oak Bay is already spending huge money to try and+curb the deer, guess the natural solution ( wolves) is already at hand

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolves in town

Wonder if it's the Wolf that lives (lived) on Discovery Island. Much better pickings just a short swim away.

Re: Wolves in town

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    Can’t say I’m really surprised,we already have numerous cougar sightings and bears,but my neighbour showed me a very clear unmistakable picture of a wolf,right in Blenkinsop valley across from Mt Doug.This is ALR,lots of small holdings with livestock so obviously this wolf found his own honey hole.Its taking sheep and lambs and with plenty of deer ,fawns are all over the place .The CO has positively identified it, but there’s not much they can do,wolves are unlikely to come to a live trap,and with the politically correct people,killing it would create an uproar( this is Victoria ,home of the wolf lovers,bunny lovers and pretty much everything else )Oh well ,Oak Bay is already spending huge money to try and+curb the deer, guess the natural solution ( wolves) is already at hand
    Good point. Sounds like the deer problem will be taken care of very quickly.