Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Re: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Title should be "Join the general GOS just got "Screwed" Crew

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    I by no means am besmearching Mr. Shockey. On the contrary, he is the icon in our community. He must be extremely lucky or someone within the ministry thought it best that he wins this tag. Either way, the optics looked bad, and he returned the tag. Outstanding decision-making and proving his character once again. It does smell of "rigged" though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/archi.../t-108518.html

I've got a number of other examples, but I don't want to dredge this up again. Search for it in other posts.
    Isn’t that the special LEH where you can buy as many chances as you want?

So if you had lots of money, you could buy lots of tickets, thereby improving your chances considerably. And if you were in the business of making hunting shows, spending thousands on many tickets may even be considered a business expense.

Ive yet to see any evidence of LEH being “rigged”
    Last edited by Gateholio; 06-25-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Isn’t that the special LEH where you can buy as many chances as you want?

So if you had lots of money, you could buy lots of tickets, thereby improving your chances considerably. And if you were in the business of making hunting shows, spending thousands on many tickets may even be considered a business expense.

Ive yet to see any evidence of LEH being “rigged”
    And I didnt hink it mattered where you are from for those tags, generating funds being the primary goal.
    Who cares if it's not a resident if the guy is willing to pay 10x more tha n someone local.

Did an inventory of my game meat supply yesterday morning even before I heard the LEH news and at the rate Mrs. and me are consuming it, I'm stocked up until September 2020 so I'm not heartbroken about no LEH this year.

A deer or black bear this fall will just be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Did an inventory of my game meat supply yesterday morning even before I heard the LEH news and at the rate Mrs. and me are consuming it, I'm stocked up until September 2020 so I'm not heartbroken about no LEH this year.

A deer or black bear this fall will just be icing on the cake.
    Weren't you going to try for elk this season in the Peace???
    Thought it was you but might be wrong? (might have been Ron C., cant remember)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Weren't you going to try for elk this season in the Peace???
    Thought it was you but might be wrong? (might have been Ron C., cant remember)
    No sir, I tried for another Island Rosie LEH, although in a different zone than last year. Probably a good thing. Getting an island rosie LEH for a second straight year. Would have sent the LEH Conspiracy Tinfoil Hat Club and boohooers into a fit of rage
    Last edited by Ron.C; 06-25-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    No sir, I tried for another Island Rosie LEH, although in a different zone than last year. Probably a good thing I didnt get drawn, for a second straight year. Would have sent the LEH Conspiracy Tinfoil Hat Club and boohooers into a fit of rage
    I'll get over it!
    Just interesting how some win a draw that should be hard to get and win it several times over?
    And either folks got zilch or got a couple or several.
    Hope they have success as we could use a few hunting stories on here again.
    Waiting another year is the part that really sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    I by no means am besmearching Mr. Shockey. On the contrary, he is the icon in our community. He must be extremely lucky or someone within the ministry thought it best that he wins this tag. Either way, the optics looked bad, and he returned the tag. Outstanding decision-making and proving his character once again. It does smell of "rigged" though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/archi.../t-108518.html

I've got a number of other examples, but I don't want to dredge this up again. Search for it in other posts.
    I do recall that the reason he gave that tag back was from a member here tallying up all the days Jim spent out of province from hunts he had posted on his blog and social media, and said member cast doubt on Jim actually being in the province for 6 months previous. That was a gray area around residency in that particular situation as it couldn’t be proven either way and he was only a day or two short of 6 months, so Jim gave back the tag.

Yeah, it is easy to forget that we have one of the best GOS in the world here in BC. From moose in August to ducks in January a guy can really get some variety without winning the LEH lottery.

I'm seriously mulling a trip up NW for the moose GOS in late August. A little nervous because I'd be flying myself and I don't really know the area or the weather well enough to be comfortable. If not this year, next for sure.

Otherwise, I plan to hunt lots of chickens and Region 3 & 5 mule deer and a bear if the right one turns broadside at the right time.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Unsuccessful for moose, elk and bison this year can’t wait for September now haha, going to fish to pass the time this year.