Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Re: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Lots of good GOS adventures to be had it seems, I was just looking at day trips for open season bighorns, Id be happy just to go hiking in some of those beautiful areas. I dont let the LEH get me down, Im really only upset that I dont get to finish building a gun I have a barrel for that Ive been saving for moose for another year, no purpose for it otherwise.

Like firstblood said we didn’t draw anything. I’m even more stoked though because I can finally make a plan haha, last year shot a nice 4pt on day 1 so I’ll hold off a little longer this year so I can do more deer hunting in the alpine and into November.
    ill be on the birds With firstblood and his dog, all the upland, chukars of course, find some quail, a pheasant maybe, long range turkey haha
    also plan on venturing farther from van city center and looking for reg 8 6pt or maybe just go to koots will see, that would be a 7-10 day hunt.
    All the weekends will be deer, black tail mule and white. Never shot a black tail so maybe that’s a good plan, will see what happens

Bow season I’ll be looking for elk in the same spot I came close last year in October. If I don’t find one I’ll be back again in the same area in October with my rifle. After that not sure, I’ve saved a week of time to book off sometime in hunting season, probably use it in November.

I am in the unique situation of having planned a GOS adventure and now have a pesky moose LEH messing with my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    I am in the unique situation of having planned a GOS adventure and now have a pesky moose LEH messing with my plans.
    Sucks to be you...

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Once again no LEH for me or the brother so no "special" trips to be made for moose elk or mountain critters. We all know the system is rigged...... but we have incredible opportunities to hunt here in BC so what are your GOS plans for the upcoming season? New area? New species? What do you guys plan when the table is open?

My plans are mostly around birds. Ive got access to a new area where I can launch my boat and hammer the ducks and geese all season long, been seein tons of chickens around so they are on the table, and still trying to narrow down more of the upland game like pheasants and quail so my dog and I can spend more time in the field. After I get my fill of that I will spend the usual November in the high country after the spirit of the forest in the muley rut and see what I can see.

I would really like to know how you think the system is rigged ? Myself and my son have not been picked for moose, elk or bison for a number of years. But we have had a few Leh"s in the past. So tell me how the system is RIGGED !!!!! Not everyone can be picked, just like winning the Lottery !!!

No draws for me so I'll just do a week of rifle deer in the EK trying to get some whitetail meat in the freezer. I may do a bit of early season blacktail with the bow, if my trail cameras show me something good.

My big focus this year will be waterfowl hunting with my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by gunpower View Post
    I would really like to know how you think the system is rigged ? Myself and my son have not been picked for moose, elk or bison for a number of years. But we have had a few Leh"s in the past. So tell me how the system is RIGGED !!!!! Not everyone can be picked, just like winning the Lottery !!!
    I by no means am besmearching Mr. Shockey. On the contrary, he is the icon in our community. He must be extremely lucky or someone within the ministry thought it best that he wins this tag. Either way, the optics looked bad, and he returned the tag. Outstanding decision-making and proving his character once again. It does smell of "rigged" though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/archi.../t-108518.html

I've got a number of other examples, but I don't want to dredge this up again. Search for it in other posts.

No luck with the LEH Moose Draw for me and my buddy . So I'm going to ask just off the top of my head how far North do I need to go for a GOS on moose that is not crazy with antler restrictions all that business ? Have not hunted a GOS moose in years .
    I just don't think its worth a long drive to just try for an immature !

Secondly if there is an are as described above is it worth the time if I only have 10 days and driving from the Lower mainland ?
    Thanks Fellas !
    Arctic Lake

I br sticking on the Island. More than likely taking a week off work and heading North of Campbell River. On my 4 days off Ilk be hitting the area around Nanaimo and possibly in October head to my cabinet in 100 mile for 8 or 10 days for a hunt slash fishing trip.