Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Once again no LEH for me or the brother so no "special" trips to be made for moose elk or mountain critters. We all know the system is rigged...... but we have incredible opportunities to hunt here in BC so what are your GOS plans for the upcoming season? New area? New species? What do you guys plan when the table is open?

My plans are mostly around birds. Ive got access to a new area where I can launch my boat and hammer the ducks and geese all season long, been seein tons of chickens around so they are on the table, and still trying to narrow down more of the upland game like pheasants and quail so my dog and I can spend more time in the field. After I get my fill of that I will spend the usual November in the high country after the spirit of the forest in the muley rut and see what I can see.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Early September alpine hunt for mule deer - going to start there.
    If successful, focus on blacktails and finding my dad a mule deer buck.

If not, i have a couple of other mulie spots i've been meaning to check out for October.
    November - blacktails only.

All depends on how it goes at home. Got a 2 month old that will be about 6 by then, so we'll see.

Blue grouse, the people that make 12 gauge ammo need to work....

Staying home this year. Mountain goat in August,, close to home elk and spike moose. Then spend November looking for a big mule deer. Looking forward to my GOS

Heading for Tetsa River for another Moose hunt!!!!! in Oct.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

It's the usual GOS for me. I took a spring black bear and will hopefully harvest another in the fall if the opportunity arrises. I've got my moose, mule and whitetail tags so those will keep me busy. I think the real thrill I am looking forward to is my 10 year old taking his first grouse. It'll be his first harvest and he is pumped for it. September can't come soon enough for him.

No draws....I will stay close to home as usual, hunt as much as I can, 2-3 days a week and maybe a couple 5 day mule deer/whitetail hunts probably wont shoot anything until the end of the season, because,, the fastest way to ruin a good deer hunt is too shoot a deer.

2nd week of September and rut in November for bucks. I dont bother anymore during any other time of the season as typically october has proven to be a waste of time.

No LEH for me, I’m targeting closer to home. Been scouting a 20km area in the Fraser valley for the past 2-1/2yrs, slowly narrowing the radius. After tons of driving and hiking around, have finally found 2 good pockets of deer. With the glimpse of a couple gray ghosts last season, coupled with the lines of new and old rubs I found. Feeling very optimistic about calling in a buck this November...
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

See if one of he guys want try somewhere close for elk early September maybe during Bow.
    Have to wait quite late this season for elk otherwise, the 1st week of October in the EK.
    Was considering the Peace but my dad who is 80 doesn't want to try somewhere new.
    (plenty of time for that down the road plus do a bit more homework)
    Expecting a bust on that but had the odd chance here and there (just really slow compared to what it should be)

Going to try heading in for R3 MD a bit earlier, beginning November to look or an old friend I am hoping will still be around?
    Depending what happens, on and off til end of the season.
    Might try some new terrain, maybe north of Lillooet. (look for some mature growth without so much logging, if that's possible?)