Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Re: No LEH? Join the GOS crew

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    No draws for me so I'll just do a week of rifle deer in the EK trying to get some whitetail meat in the freezer. I may do a bit of early season blacktail with the bow, if my trail cameras show me something good.

My big focus this year will be waterfowl hunting with my dog.
    Get an elk tag, all ready a few bulls on camera, in the MU you hunt goat and G bear

Took September and most of October off of work this year to hunt. No definitive trip plans yet but I’ll be out there enjoying the GOS life

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Get an elk tag, all ready a few bulls on camera, in the MU you hunt goat and G bear
    thanks for the heads up.

We will most likely catch the last couple days of elk season. If I do I'll hunt a couple VCA's that head into that goat spot.

Always good to see the GOS crew planning on getting out there. I dont actually think the system is rigged, just pokin some funI I apply for everything every year, the odds are not in my favour but Im happy to make my yearly donation with the hopes of good luck. As has been said we have incredible opportunities in BC, some of the best in Canada for the variety and over the counter options. Being from Ontarible I count my blessings every day, saw 5 bears and a dozen bucks in the fuzz today, a few in the 4x range already, how can I complain.

i’ll be chasing bugles close to home during bow season and with a rifle until gos closes. after that, long walks in the woods with my son and dog, chasing hares and ruffies. the last two weeks of november, my son and i will be preying on whitetails from the comfort of our camp trailer, it will be his first whitetail hunt!

Wait for elk to wander through the pasture

Firstblood , I know that you are , so called joking about the system being rigged. But I get a little choked when people say things like that ,about a system ,where thousands of hunters apply for a draw on the LEH . It's the same thing about guys that complain about other hunters hunting in their so called hunting area , and that animal has their name on it !! We have the greatest hunting season in all of Canada. In all the years of hunting ( 50 years) ( my luck ) I have taken 3 bull elk, 3 moose with other guys and quite a few white tail, and 1 mulie buck, which should have been left in the bush, it was so stinky. So , some guys just have better luck than others with the leh draws , doesn't seem fair, but that's the way things work out !!!!
    Last edited by gunpower; 06-27-2019 at 08:56 AM.

No BC leh for me again, so I'll hunt out of Province.

My hunting is more limited this season with a brothers wedding and having to take two weeks off during the season for that...but I will be trying to fill the freezer withelk/deer, my main objective will be to get my first elk...

No LEH for me this year, but no big deal as i always consider LEH as a bonus. This province has phenomenal hunting during GOS. Mt. Goat in the Kootenays, Moose/Elk/Caribou and Sheep up north
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!